PDA

View Full Version : Exclude corpses

kjb
01-17-2004, 11:58 AM
Point me to the docs if this is in there somewhere, but I'm stumped. My usual MO for gathering trade skill supplies:

I zone in somewhere (EK for example) and enter the mob in the Find box. I now have nice little round circles over all the mobs I'm hunting. Works great until you have corpses with crap left over on them waiting to expire. I'd like to have the circles only on live ones. I played with several things in the find box, and tried to write some hunt/filtered combo's but I can't quite get what I want. Just need an example or some docs to get me started.

Cryonic
01-17-2004, 01:11 PM
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/seq/showeq/conf/filters.conf.dist?content-type=text%2Fplain&rev=1.4

and

man regexp

lildr00d
01-18-2004, 01:10 AM
So Basically it would be

Name:BlahBlahSomeName:NPC:1

Where Name = The name of the mob Duh
NPC= (1) NPC Spawn

Cryonic
01-18-2004, 01:54 AM
close. you are forgetting that there is data between the Name:spawnname and the NPC: type

so a better interpretation would be:

Name:blahblah*NPC:1

The * is a true wildcard it means 0 or more of anything.

kjb
01-18-2004, 12:15 PM
What I ended up with was Name:[^:]*mobhere(?!')

That works because it looks for mobhere without an apostrophe following the name, and all dead mobs have 's corpse right after the name. Probably gonna miss some closet cases, but good enough for finding spider in EK ect.

kjb
01-18-2004, 12:47 PM
Bah - have to keep refreshing it every so often as when mobs die it doesn't refilter them. But it's an improvement.

darkangelx
03-25-2004, 08:07 AM
Is there a way to filter out all corpses with wildcards? I looked at the above link and it does not specify, basically I dont want to see any NPC corpses in a specific zone.

Cryonic
03-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Yes. Take a look at the config file that I linked to and it shows the whole spawn line, including what values mean to certain variables (e.g. NPC)

darkangelx
03-25-2004, 09:08 PM
I saw the stuff about the numbers etc, do I need to just do NPC:3 for all nPC corpses filtered from map and spawn list?