PDA

View Full Version : Mana Calculation

JohnW
01-19-2004, 01:58 PM
Where or how does this number get calculated? I seem to have more mana based on mySEQ than by other calculators. From what has been said on other boards, int over 200 is calculated differently than below. Also, after you reach the 255 "soft cap" it is calculated differently. To add to the problem, you can have more int than you can actually use, ie you are capped due to not raising your "soft cap" with AA points so anything over a certain amount doesn't show.

I'm capped right now at 280 int. With items and buffs I go over that 280, but does myseq still calculate based on my "real" int? Does it calculate int differently based on different caps? Or, is the amount of actual mana sent over the datastream and that is the correct number?

MQSEQ2
01-19-2004, 02:09 PM
MySEQ 2.x reads the Mana info sent from EQ it'self and you have Base mana and Bonus Mana. Bonus Mana comes from items worn and should be added to the Base Mana to get your total mana (not yet verified).

JohnW
01-19-2004, 05:11 PM
So if I understand correctly, the amount of mana is actually sent over the datastream and mySEQ isn't calculating it based on int and items? I was just surprised to see over 5k. Using the various calculators out there for mana based on int and level, and adding in my plus mana items plus buffs put me around 4700 while mySEQ had me at almost 5500.

MQSEQ2
01-19-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm reading EQ's memory for the Mana and I'm using the offsets from MQ. Now MQ could be off, thats why I say unverified.

I would say if the 2 MQ offstes are correct then it will beat any math calcs out there. Remember EQ could change Mana calculations without others knowing it.

I need folks to help test the Mana stuff etc.

Mixy!
01-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Mine's correct using MQ, it's within 10 of my magelo unbuffed.

-Mixy!

maj021
01-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Use the mana number to the left of the '/', I think its labeled 'base mana' or something like that. I did some tests and posted it in the other forum and that is a pretty accurate representation of your real mana. That number on the right is way too high - the difference for me was the amount of +mana items I was wearing.

MQSEQ2
01-20-2004, 09:13 AM
The base mana could be total mana with the Bonus mana already added (which wouldn't surprise me).