PDA

View Full Version : Mapfiend SEQ maps messed? or 5.0.0.4?

icyman
01-20-2004, 07:50 AM
I downloaded the latest maps from Mapfiend's site, and chose SEQ maps. Then, I untarred them into ~root/.showeq/maps. I also updated SEQ to 5.0.0.4.

Now, whenever I zone, I don't see lines on the maps. No biggie I figured, I could try the various Map Line Display options:

(The only maps I tried this on were LoY maps, as this was where I was when I logged in & zoned a few times, before reverting to the old maps. (Gulf of Gunthak, Nadox & Torg* Mines.))

(default) Normal - barely saw anything. Labels appeared as per normal.
Depth Filtered - same as Normal (floor & ceiling were 75)
Faded Floors - this showed a few lines, more then any other option.

Not quite sure what's going on, so I reverted back to all the old maps for now, which worked fine upon zoning (under the Normal option, which I am using 95% ot the time).

Unfortunately, I couldn't think of how to test things to see if it was Mapfiend's maps, or 5.0.0.4 causing issues, or what.

I definately appreciate the work going into this stuff, and I am not coming down on anyone, just trying to report an issue & help get it resolved. :)

][cyman

Zaphod
01-20-2004, 08:12 AM
You didn't mention which map format you downloaded in? A number of the maps that are submitted in EQ format use black or nearly black lines. If you download the maps in the EQ format that is how they will appear (on ShowEQ maps by default black background). I believe MapFiend's site will now do some color conversions if you download the maps in ShowEQ format. If not you can always change the background color of the maps from its menu.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

KaL
01-20-2004, 11:17 AM
I just downloaded a map two days ago from the Mapfiend site, and it still came up black.

I believe that only NEW maps uploaded will get converted to visible colors for SEQ.

Zaphod
01-20-2004, 11:26 AM
KaL,
I dunno, MapFiend would have to say when he's doing the coversions. I just remember him mentioning in one of the grey0 threads about adding that.

In the meantime people could always tweak the map background color to work with those maps.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

icyman
01-20-2004, 01:15 PM
Actually, hmm -- I do have Cygwin at work, and XFree86 installed ... hmm - X11 forwarding thru an SSL tunnel via SSH... Heh, what the hell, can't hurt.

(doing that now ...)

Yep, that's exactly what it is... The default line colour is now BLACK. Uhh - ick. Didn't we vote on this somewhere? Been a while, I guess black won, eh? =\

][cyman