PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation

Moreso
01-25-2004, 07:05 PM
On how alerts work.

If I wanted to set alert for AC in sro or oot..it would look like this in global.txt

# Include # on every line that is not a filter
# Be sure to only have up to 1 extra space at the end
#
#
# Hunt will put a yellow circle around the mob
[hunt]
#
#
# Caution will draw an flashing line to the target (traps etc)
[caution]
#
#
# Rare will draw a flashing white circle around the mob
[rare]
An Ancient Cyclops

Right?

And I seem to remember it can also play a sound when the rare comes on to spawnlist? How would I do that?

Thanks for any help, in advance.

Moreso
01-25-2004, 07:08 PM
I might have answered the last question myself. I went to options and say where it said beep for rare mobs.

So i'm taking it will beep when a rare mob (from alert list) comes up on spawn list?

Also will it beep even if SEQ isn't the main window at the time? (ie I'm running around in sro and seq is minimized)

MQSEQ2
01-25-2004, 10:27 PM
You can put the AC in the Global or in SRo and OOT. Since it spawns in both Global would be the best but don't add everything in the Global or it will slow down the Client some.

The Beep, Wav, Speech options are in the Options area and it should do something if the filters are loaded and the option is to make a sound. When the Client is minimized it will not update the map to help reduce the CPU utilization on the Client machine.

Moreso
01-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Well I normally have the SEQ client up but just in the background (I have it where eq covers up the map part so I can see spawn list and then click over when I see a mob I need to run too.)

I have not used alerts before, I was wanting to make sure I had it right ^_^.

The 'beep' is built into client right? (from what I understand if you want a .wav or speech if you have to give the directory of the file).

MQSEQ2
01-26-2004, 07:03 AM
The beep and Speech are built in and the Wav you need to point to the file.