PDA

View Full Version : download

freebase__
02-04-2002, 12:07 PM
could any one pass on a UrL from where i can download seq

lostpacket
02-04-2002, 12:17 PM
I get this one 1st!!!

You lazy bastard - why don't you read the damned forums or use the search function?

You expect everything to be handed to you? Then go somewhere else!

if you aren't willing to do some work the screw you!!

(how was that?)

monster69
02-04-2002, 12:18 PM
Click on CVS at the top. It'll tell you how to get the lastest version.

lostpacket
02-04-2002, 12:18 PM
oh wait, forgot one...

And maybe if you stop 'freebasing' and get your head out of your ass, you'll find the answer!!!

se7en
02-11-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by EQNutter
What are the odds on the next question being "Why don't these commands don't work on Windows Me?" :D

Bahah

lostpacket
02-11-2002, 02:46 PM
Sure they will work in ME!

Go to Start>Programs>Accessories>Notepad

Notepad is the Micrsoft version of the Linux terminal. Unfortunately, it doesn't always give feedback until you start compiling.

So type in all the commands (to get it from CVS - you'll need to look them up in other posts, I'd just be wasting space here), then when you get to the compiling SEQ part type in:

make -f Makefile.dist
(hit Enter key - it won't return anything if there are no errors)

./configure && make
(hit Enter again, if it returns any errors, you'll have to start over. Otherwise go to the next step).

Nowthis is the important part!!
type:
make install and hit Enter

You HAVE to watch the install process for any errors! Write them down so you'll know where to start debugging.

Make sure you don't look away at anytime! Watch the entire install process. It could take awhile tho. As long as the cursor is blinking you're fine. Just keep watching and waiting for it to finish and good luck!