PDA

View Full Version : Corpses and other misc stuff

showeqnewb
02-04-2002, 01:39 PM
Ok, I have version 4 and love it but i cannot stand the fact that i no longer see corpses move unless i zone out and back in. In the old version I could tell where someone pulling corpses were because of the corspe movement. Am I doing something wrong or do i need to turn a switch on?

Another thing is the mapping. I used to map the zoned out but i cannot seem to find the menu where they now are?

Thanks in advance!

S_B_R
02-04-2002, 01:54 PM
The corpse "problem" has been "fixed" in the latest CVS.

As far as the Mapping thing goes I've never used that function so I can't offer any advise there...

showeqnewb
02-04-2002, 02:18 PM
ok is this how i update from a full working install?

at the root:

cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq co showeq
cd /showeq
cvs update -P
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq logout
make -f Makefile.dist
./configure
make
make install

fryfrog
02-04-2002, 04:19 PM
two things to note: 1.) notice the make distclean. i don't really exactly know what this does, but i think it "cleans" (yeah, who would have though) out the un-needed things that ./configure and make leave behind that would interfere with your new compile. 2.) the line that is "cvs -z3 update". these are snippets from a small showeq update script i use, hopefully they will help you :) 3.) the "head -n10 CHANGES" will show you the top of the changes file, so you can see if anything really has changed.

of course, when you update from cvs if no files are updated, its a pretty sure sign you don't need to re-compile.

make distclean
cvs -d:pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq login
cvs -z3 update
cvs -d :pserver:[email protected]:/cvsroot/seq logout
head -n 10 CHANGES
make -f Makefile.dist && ./configure && make -j3 && make install