PDA

View Full Version : CVS commit and tarball of ShowEQ 5 Beta 5

Zaphod
02-11-2004, 09:06 PM
CVS commit of ShowEQ 5 Beta 5 (aka ShowEQ 5.0.0.5),

It works with 02/10/04 EQ Live (GoD).

This is a BETA release. The latest stable release remains ShowEQ 4.3.19.

dohpaZ (02/11/04)
---------------------

Updated version to 5.0.0.5
Updated to work with 02/10/04 EQLive
Added Beserker class
Added Gate of Discord (GoD) maps.
Integrated patch #893070 "Races Update (GoD)" by curioseq
Minor fix to guild member list online member count tracking.
Make sure to cleanup guild list/shell when shutting down
Added special map icon for zone doors.

NOTE: ShowEQ now requires Qt 3.1 or higher.

NOTE: You must use eqstr_us.txt for formatted strings (instead of eqstr_en.txt).

NOTE: You must use spells_us.txt for spell information (instead of spells_en.txt).

NOTE: Don't forget to do a 'make -f Makefile.dist', 'configure', 'make', and last but definitely not least 'make install'.

This release has been tested to compile and run on stock RedHat 9, Fedora Core 1, and Gentoo 1.4.

ShowEQ 5 Beta 5 is should be available on the CVS pserver and the ViewCVS server in the pre_5_0_beta branch within the next few hours. To retrieve the latest beta from CVS use the following command:

$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected] :/cvsroot/seq
$ cvs login
$ cvs co -r pre_5_0_beta showeq

Once SF.net's CVS servers sync up those who already installed the ShowEQ 5.0.0.4 Beta 4 tarball or retrieved it from CVS should be able to do a CVS update in their showeq directory using the following commands:

$ export CVSROOT=:pserver:[email protected] :/cvsroot/seq
$ cvs login
$ cvs update

Because so many of you like them... I've created a tarball for this release. The ShowEQ 5.0.0.5 tarball contains all of the latest changes and may be found here (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/seq/ShowEQ-5.0.0.5_beta5.tar.bz2?download) in the ShowEQ Files section (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10131).

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Nstalkerga
02-11-2004, 10:45 PM
as always

Thanks for the good/fast work.

lildr00d
02-12-2004, 12:36 AM
So scarry that we have better customer service here then SOE does....

Cleric
02-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Are there plans to put out a 4.3.20? Just asking so I can decide if I have to break down and build my SUSE 9 box or not :) I got the decode.cpp from the dev boards so 4.3.19 works on initial zone in but after that it logs everything as unknown...

Great work as always Zaphod.