PDA

View Full Version : Guano Harvester detectable by SEQ?

Madfish
02-05-2002, 07:26 AM
I'v been hunting in SolB for quite some time and I never see the guano harvester detected by SEQ. I know this mob does not show up via Tracking, but does this preclude it from SEQ detecting it?

S_B_R
02-05-2002, 09:55 AM
The only why showeq wouldn't "Detect" the harvester is if it was a triggered spawn... and even then as soon as it was triggered showeq would detect it...

Azerael
02-05-2002, 02:30 PM
The harvester is a rare spawn, kill all the bats, particularly the ones by the Death Beetle area. He spawns right in the coridor down the ramp (not toward Efretti) and spawns invisible. SEQ does indeed detect him, but you have to get him to spawn first :)

shadowcat
02-05-2002, 02:35 PM
I have seen seq detect the Guano Harvester when I've been in the Stone Spider room.

Also, the harvester does show up on tracking (ranger). But you do need see invis to actually find it.

flipper
02-06-2002, 11:27 AM
I have Guano Harvester in my spawn alert list and have seen him show up on SEQ twice. One of the times I was puller in a gruop near his spawn point, so needless to say we got his fancy robe. Unfortunately, I lost the roll :(

For the record... Guano spawns visible and stays visible for several seconds (or longer) before invising. My character in EQ does not have see invis, and Guano was visible to me when I reached him.

Soladan
02-06-2002, 01:10 PM
Robe? Guano Harvester drops the Cloak of Shadows(rare) and Large Soiled Bag(common).

He spawns visible and then casts an invis spell on himself.

He's really low level (20?) and he takes off running when he gets to half health. Back when I got him (years ago) bats and bugs weren't hunted much so when he started running deep into the caves it really sucked.

flipper
02-06-2002, 09:47 PM
Robe, Cloak, what the hells the difference. I'm a melee type :)

I was camping bugs&bats in a group when SEQ spotted him for me. He was still vis when I got there.

guice
02-07-2002, 01:36 PM
He'll show up on tracking if you have some form of see invis on.

Yes, SEQ does detect him, multiple times I've gotten him cause of this ;)

Mobs have a small time limit between spell casts. The invis is normal. They will pop, some will invis within 10 seconds, others take 30 seconds, etc.

Harvester is *not* a triggered or a PH based spawn. He has his own spawn table and will just show up when he feels like it. 8)