PDA

View Full Version : Error when running v4

Meatball
12-20-2001, 01:14 PM
After a painful day and a half of tweaking, installing, formatting, reinstalling on my system, I finally got all the required libraries and such installed and compiled v4. When I run it, I now get this error message, any ideas?

showeq: error while loading shared libraries: showeq: undefined symbol: _ZN2Qt9lightGrayE

After that error is displayed, the executable just stops running.

Meatball
12-20-2001, 01:19 PM
Don't flame me, I didn't check the forum before posting. I just found the fix. RTFM

Sorry guys. :)

Exo
12-20-2001, 01:24 PM
Wrong libEQ.a?

Would be my first guess anyway.

Meatball
12-20-2001, 05:12 PM
Had to set the PATH, MANPATH & LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variables per the QT install instructions. :)

monster69
12-20-2001, 05:56 PM
Just curious about LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

If I try to put that in my .profile or /etc/profile to make them permanent, my box stops logging in. To clarify, I get my login screen, enter a uname and pword, flash a couple of times and come back to the login screen. It only appears to be a problem with the above variable as the others get set just fine in either file.

Sorry, I know this is off SEQ topic.

Vertigo1
12-20-2001, 08:08 PM
I get this same QT errror... how did you fix it?

Meatball
12-20-2001, 08:13 PM
I added the environment variables I want to use in the .bashrc for root. I don't use a standard login and su when I need it, I'm behind a firewall, so I just stay logged in as root.

export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

that sort of thing in .bashrc worked for me

I put my exports for CC and CXX in there too