PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ IRC Channel

Zaphod
02-24-2004, 12:48 PM
We've had a number of problems with the old IRC network we were on so I have setup a new IRC channel to support ShowEQ.

IRC Server: irc.doomed.to
IRC Port: 8067
ShowEQ Channel: #ShowEQ

NOTE: You must register your nickname to join the #ShowEQ channel.

I'm still in the process of setting up a web based IRC client for it. But for those with normal IRC clients feel free to stop by. ;)

This channel is for discussion of ShowEQ and not MySEQ or LEQM. If they'd like their own channels on the server their developers can contact me about setting them up.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

P.S. BlueAdept, could you point your web based IRC client at it.

Zaphod
02-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Some quick hints...

To register your nickname, connect to the IRC server and issue the following command

/msg nickserv register password email

Where: password is the password you want to use and email is a valid email address.

Then, each time you connect to the server you must confirm your identity with NickServ before joining the #ShowEQ channel by issuing the following command

/msg nickserv identify password

Where: password is the password you used when you registered the nickname.

You can also look at the info pointed to by http://irc.doomed.to/ for information about the IRC server.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Zaphod
10-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Ok, due to mental retardation of the management of my hosting provider, Affinity/ValueWeb, the old traditional IRC ports are now blocked. So please find my IRC server at the new and improved ports (on the same old server irc.doomed.to):

IRC Port: 8067
SSL IRC Port: 6697

Apparently they had problems with other customers IRC servers and DOS attacks, so they blocked the 6661-6669 port range amongst a few other traditional IRC ports. Somehow these mental midgets think blocking these ports will prevent DOS attacks. If they had a brain amongst them they would know this really won't stop either DOS attacks or IRC servers by filtering a few ports at the router. And, no they didn't change the terms of service to prevent IRC servers, just blocked the ports without ANY notice. I firmly suggest anyone looking for hosting avoid Affinity/Valueweb since their customer diservice department is really pathetic.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

BlueAdept
10-09-2004, 10:25 AM
Fixed the irc chat on my site to work with that port.