PDA

View Full Version : Options are not saving on exit

fgay trader
02-06-2002, 03:43 PM
I am running the most recent version of SEQ 4 on RedHat 7.2 distribution and here's a strange behaviour I am noticing: None of the customized choices I make under the Options menu are being saved when I exit SEQ.

Nothing major, just annoying having to set my Options preferences every ime I run SEQ.

-FGay Trader... er.. GFay :P

fryfrog
02-06-2002, 05:56 PM
check the showeq.conf file, as there is (i believe) an option in there that says "save settings" or something like that. might help, not sure though.

three-p-o
02-07-2002, 07:15 AM
I had the same problem....

Then I stopped using the X in the upper right to close the program and started using file -> exit.

Now the settings are saved

Mr Guy
02-07-2002, 09:53 AM
Yeah I was just going to say that. I had the same problem, then I realized it only saves on a File->Exit.

guice
02-07-2002, 01:42 PM
LOL .. So that's why? /sigh

Go fig, if we do it the "right" way it will work. :rolleyes:

FuddRucker
02-15-2002, 02:15 PM
I had an issue where I was logging in on a regular account, doing the su command (to go into root mode) and running SEQ from there. If I ran the program that way it would not save the updates.

I chmoded the showeq.conf files to 666 and that seemed to fix that problem.

Cryonic
02-15-2002, 03:19 PM
Try using 'su -'. The - causes you to truly become root, not just get the userid of root. This means you will absord roots path and environment variables too.