PDA

View Full Version : Redhat 6.1 and SEQ

humbeledbyu
02-07-2002, 02:26 AM
Before I go and make a total fool of myself (already to late) let me just say a couple of things.

I had a close friend of mine that was helping me to learn Linux, right before luclin came out he was killed in a car accident .. I kinda stopped playing the game, stopped learning linux .. anyway getting that behind me and moving on .. I'd still like to learn this OS and this was our "project" .. it gave me a goal to work twords and I could use the program when it was finished

Just be gental with me when I make mistakes, I'm sure to make many more before I get this straight.

We had gotten SEQ working on Redhat 6.1, everything worked fine ... once the luclin expansion came out.. well.. it puked, I'm just now getting to fixing this and quite frankly am not sure where to start, I have been reading the posts and have been hesitant on where to start ..

Things I do know: (this is a short list)
1. ShowEQ has run correctly on this computer before luclin.
2. I still need to download the new libeq.a .. I can't remember for the life of me how to download this now (wget is not a valid command)
3. I have the CVS files downloaded.
4. I'm trying to follow the instructions as closely as I can from http://www.hackersquest.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=276 but again this is for redhat 7.2.. I've gotten to 3b) on this instruction sheet, of course this is ignoring 90% of the stuff above it, i'm assuming that since it was running previously, that i don't need to download a bunch of new libarys

Just need a push in the right direction, I know This is simple stuff to most/all of you, that's why I'm asking you.

fryfrog
02-07-2002, 02:33 AM
since you aparantly don't know tons and tons about linux (which isn't something to feel bad about or anything) your best bet is just going to be downloading redhat 7.2 (or mandrake 8.1) and installing it before you try to get seq 4 running.

seq 4 has some different requirements, and while in theory you should be able to get rh 6.1 to work... i think in practice you won't. you would have to compile gcc3 yourself, and to use it you might have to upgrade glibc... and that will probably mean upgrading nearly all of your rpms.

anyway, the easiest way is just to install rh 7.2 or mdk 8.1 (mdk 8.1 is my personal suggestion). i don't think i could get showeq 4.0 working on redhat 6.1.

humbeledbyu
02-07-2002, 10:55 AM
ok, burning the ISO as i'm typing this .. will install laster today when I get home from work.