PDA

View Full Version : x-post (hackersquest) forcing decipher of unknown spawns?

Brainstarter
02-07-2002, 07:04 AM
Hi all

Im brand spanking new to ShowEQ, got it running fine and all under RedHat 7.2 without any problems. My Network Config works fine, got the newest CVS with the matching libEQ.a

I've noticed the behavior that all the spawns come up as unknown once you zone into a new zone. This is due to the need of some kind of key(?) to decipher the information as I could read from the log window.

Now I would like to know WHAT will force such a key to be generated by the client so ShowEQ can find it? Sometimes I had good results when I killed a mob, sometimes I had to zone/log out/log in but sometimes just nothing at all helps.

I searched through this forum, the old ones and also the seq.sourceforge.org boards but to no avail.

If someone could enlighten me what has to happen to force such a key I would be most grateful. If there is some way to force that without having to actualy kill anything (Not realy feasable with Lvl 1 Mule in Dragon Necropolis for example :-)) that would be best.

thanks in advance

BlueAdept
02-07-2002, 08:19 AM
SEQ uses brute force to find the encryption key.

The method that they use requires something to either spawn or despawn. So if you made a pet, killed something or had someone else log into the zone, then you could get the zone to decrypt.

FYI, SEQ only shows what is in a mobs hands, it does not show the loot table.

CoolGuyEQ
02-07-2002, 08:19 AM
A lot of times, it just takes a bit of time for it to get all the current spawns in the zone populated on the screen, then it parses everything, etc.

A lot of times, it takes 3-5 minutes for my screen to synch with what's in the zone, other times it's immediate.

CGEQ

casey
02-07-2002, 09:08 AM
spawn something, whether it be summoning a pet, killing a mob and waiting for repop, or geting someone to zone in after you.

Brainstarter
02-07-2002, 09:11 AM
Oh great, thanks a ton BlueAdept! That helped my case :) I will try some stuff when I get home and will post my findings

I think in this case a Lvl 1 necro to summon a pet would be my best bet as "scout"...Hrrm thanks for the input

fryfrog
02-07-2002, 05:28 PM
you really only need to take special measures in VERY low traffic zones. examples of this might be kedge or dagnars (more likely kedge).