PDA

View Full Version : compiling QT

ogre2145
02-09-2002, 06:50 PM
After that long process of compiling qt-2.3.2, i recieve some errors.

make[1]: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2'
make: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete

(ive seen this in the compiling process aswell under make[4])

Ive reinstalled Mandrake 8.1 3 times so far, choosing more and more packages, seeing if this would help the problem. Anyone know whats up?

Thank you

Cryonic
02-09-2002, 08:49 PM
Clock skew is what is up.

Sounds like the clock in your system isn't completely accurate and so every so often a file seems to end up with a time in the future.

ntp is your friend.

ogre2145
02-09-2002, 09:15 PM
Found my problem, in installing packages, I found NTP... is there any other forms of it?

Thank you

Im basically a noob, haha, but I worked with some of the first versions of SEQ. So I dont think its the showeq thats giving me the Problem, its the install of Mandrake 8.1 right? ... I remember it giving me a option to have standard time, or something else... Possibly NTP... is this what you speak of?

ogre2145
02-09-2002, 10:34 PM
Sigh, I installed ntp with the packages.
I started to do the Step 2.b doing the exporting and then i did:
./configure -thread

and well, i noticed in there, there was a clock skew error. Im not sure what this is all about. ntp is in there. Is there anything I can do? Without reinstalling mandrake again (this is my 5th try) hah.
If you could help, i would be apperciative.
Thank you.

p.s. I have a celeron 366, 128ram
doubt this has anything to do with my ntp problem

Also, i dont know if this is normal but when doing tar on qt-2.3.2 all the files seemed to be "in the future"... is that right? hah

high_jeeves
02-09-2002, 11:33 PM
Info on NTP here:

http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~ntp/

Also you might try something like this at the root of the qt directory (The one you untarred):

"find . -name "*" -print -exec touch {} \;" (without the outer quotes of course). That should update all of your files timestamps to now. Then try rerunning the build. I would recommend trying the second method before i set up NTP. If this method doesnt work for you, then give NTP a shot.

ogre2145
02-10-2002, 03:25 AM
Ok, i made a huge faux pa computer wise, Know my time skew problem..... Welllllllllllll, Found what the problem was.
My bios time was set to sometime in June of 2000, explaining why my files were in the future, and explaining the Time skew. I would like to thank jeeves, and cryonic for the help.