PDA

View Full Version : PoE, invisible mobs, and confusion on my part

horseshoecrab
07-28-2004, 09:28 PM
Howdy.

I'm currently using SEQ beta 5.00.11 and while in Plane of Earth, noticed something kind of weird with the map filter function.

If I put in the "find" area the term "Name:TrapMan:" (without quotes) lots of purple dots start flashing. I thought that was cool until I realized that some of those dots were in fact not named "TrapMan" but instead included a few other traps such as "A Earth Initiate". Since I thought the name search is literal, I don't understand this behavior.

The other thing I noticed was that some of the traps were already sprung and according to SEQ, they are blue-con mobs on the map. However, they still show up as Invisible Man for the race and I can't seem to filter those out either since the string value SEQ displays is still Invisible Man, TrapMan, etc.

Any thoughts?

brettlpb
07-28-2004, 11:19 PM
The traps spawn mobs, some of these mobs don't despawn, some despawn slower than the traps respawn.

If a blue dot is flashing from your search, its because there *is* a live trap under it... ShowEQ can't draw both the blue con and purple invis mob in the same spot.