PDA

View Full Version : Forcing Maps to Display in EQ

Pascal7
08-07-2004, 05:37 PM
Okay, I know I have my map in SEQ. But I was wondering if there is a way to force EQ to show the map in the map window for those zones where EQ likes to say no map is available for. You know like Plane of Hate or Fear. I have the maps loaded from Mapfiend, but how to make EQ display them? :confused:

LordCrush
08-08-2004, 08:05 AM
I am not sure, but i guess this behaviour is a combination of some hardcoded functions in EQGame.exe and a flag of that particular zone, that is send by the server. If this is true you don´t have any chance to force EQ to display the maps unless you change EQGame.exe´s memory (perhaps the people at macroquest know something about this) or change the datastream (only a theoretical possibility) ;)

petermonoscan
08-09-2004, 08:34 AM
Possible problems are:

1. Did you copy your maps into the "C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\EverQuest\maps directory ?"

2. Was it the SONY format maps you downloaded ?

3. Have you enabled the layers 1,2 and 3 on your EQ map ? Simple test, in PoK you will see 2 labels for everything - the sony "official one" and the layered map one.

Beyond that, call me "clueless".

-Pete

Fatal
08-12-2004, 05:34 PM
Certain zones are marked as unmappable. Those zones incluse but ar enot limited to ELE planes and above, ssra, ntov, etc.

WHen you try to display that map in game , your mapping window displays a "Mapping in unavailable in this zone" or something similar.

When mapping was first put in, SOE's plan was to allow you to get a 'scroll' that would enabling mapping in that zone for you. It has never been implemented.

So, yes, you cannot display maps in some zones. SOE did it on purpose, and I doubt it is possible to fix in the UI. At one point you could just reload your UI and your map would show up. They corrected that.

old_fart
08-12-2004, 08:01 PM
You can flip a bit in memory to force the maps to show in any zone.. however that will change the checksum of the client memory and the server will kick you. You must detour the mem check routine to return to the server the checksum value that its looking for (regardless of the real checksum) and make you changes then.

Freakyuno
08-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Oh yea, and you need a Flux Capacitor too, along with what old_fart said.