PDA

View Full Version : Uh... I think it got my name wrong

1s/pnpYyeTw=
12-14-2001, 07:51 PM
It's supposed to be awhamilt.

It showed up as 1s/pnpYyeTw=.

It looks almost like someone ran my usename through crypt().

Oh well, I'm going to try again.

Ratt
12-14-2001, 07:57 PM
I was only able to duplicate this once ... however I did notice it.

I have no explanation for it at this time. If this happens to you or anyone else, I will try to periodically go through the database and delete users with md5() names, allowing you to re-register.

I think the problem is the Sourceforge forums $HTTP_SESSION_VARS['username'] is taking precedence over the vBulletin POST_VARS variable.

I'm not sure this can really be fixed, as it's behaving the way it should (session variables take precedence). The solution is to make sure you are logged out of SourceForge before you register for the message boards. It shouldn't affect you once you are already registered.

awhamilt
12-14-2001, 08:12 PM
Logging out of Sourceforge didn't even work. I finally had to delete the seq.sourceforge.net cookie and then it was fine.

Could you do me a favour and delete the other user with the stupid name (user ids 7 and 9, I think)? I want to change my email address on this account to my "main" one.

Thanks,

Ratt
12-14-2001, 08:32 PM
This will probably break everyone's cookies .. but let me change the cookie path of the message forums, hopefully this will help.

segv
12-14-2001, 09:13 PM
I had the same problem, but managed to create the correct nick subsequently.

Ratt
12-14-2001, 09:33 PM
Ok... it's definitely a cookie conflict issue.

If you are logged into Sourceforge at all and you try to register here, it will register you with the md5'd name.

I'm looking for a way around it now.

Buffer.OverRun
04-05-2002, 06:02 PM
Ratt,

how did you resolve the problems? i'm having the same problem w/ my vB on SourceForge.

mbozio
04-09-2002, 07:44 AM
I think the cookie path name migh fix it.

go to this thread (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=883) to see how to change it.