PDA

View Full Version : V1 Development Idea's

slartibartfast
09-16-2004, 09:14 AM
I have had issues with version 2 for a long time, so rather than use the v2 source I intend to continue to develop the V1 source.

What I would like to know is there any features in V2 that V1 does not have that you actually use?

I want to keep V1 as mean and lean as possible, but if I can add features that do not impact overall performance (or have an option to disable them) then I am all ears.

Much of the v2 features are now possible in EQ and will not be backwardsly ported.

Possible enhancement list:
1) Autoupdater for offsets.
2) Food + water monitor so you don't consume all your valuable stat foods.
3) Exp Tracking (This session, Last kill, last 15 mins/hour, average per kill)
- Note I think exact exp figures are unavailable - but we can track how much the slider moves.

So what else would you like to see.

CybMax
09-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Food/stats/xp ++ are imo not needed or things MySEQ should have tho..

What would be good is to rather work on adding better filter capabilities.. Better overall filtering of nameds.. Lets say you are looking for a named called "Overlord".. as of today if you put in "Overlord" in the filter, you will get "Overlord", and "The overlord guard" and "Overlord smacker" ++

Better filtering with possibilities of eg. *overlord* for "all" those overlords, or simply "overlord" will ONLY filter that.. And filter on levels.. or mobs with a "#" in it (ie. named or special mob).. things like that.

For me at least that would be a much better use of it than having yet another 2MBps data traveling over my intranett and 100 more offsets to patch each time, as the "real" benifit of nifty features is not there.

At least thats my 2cp. If one want eyecandy and whatever features, the 1.x should not be the place to get it.. 1.x should be simple as possible, fast as possible..

C

gawker
09-16-2004, 01:03 PM
I agree with CybMax. I don't want to spend more time fiddling with the tracking than I do with EQ itself. Anything that can be gotten from EQ should be left out of this program. The Xp tracking... ehh. I can figure that out with the standard GUI.

Alerts, filters, categories in the mob list and right click functionality (i.e. add to alert, filter, categories, etc) in the map plane would be my priorities.

I originally added the mobtrail functionality and I had intended to make it much more efficient (lower reslution on x,y coords). I might do that now :-)

Armaand
09-22-2004, 10:12 PM
How about a way to switch between 2 alts? and maybe possibly current player and mobs hps in target window?

slartibartfast
09-23-2004, 02:43 AM
The next change I am working on will enable you to choose which character to monitor when multiboxing

TempLoginName
09-23-2004, 04:50 AM
Is there any way to make map drawing more efficient? like draw over a "skittle" with the background color then draw it's new location, without redrawing the whole map? then either every X redraws redraw the whole map, or when it's resized, or only when a user presses a hotkey? I know it could cause little holes to be drawn in the walls 'til the whole map is redrawn, but wouldn't this use less thinking?

Also, is there a way to have a pause button, or a no map option? sometimes I just need a spawn list, or want to pause and continue, without completely restarting. Also, I run client and server on the same machine and need MySEQ to use as little CPU as possible. I use Win98SE so can't go to the task manager and just turn down it's priority.

I was really glad to find my v1.x auto updater at your download area. I was afraid it had been lost or shoved under a rug permanently by the v2.x guys.

I made a version of the server that pulls the port to be used from the offset ini file; should I post the source? I know the current one is SUPPOSED to take a command line arg to change the port it uses, but I could never get that to work, and wanted to get MySEQ off of 5555.

Old No Name

slartibartfast
09-23-2004, 05:34 AM
Is there any way to make map drawing more efficient? like draw over a "skittle" with the background color then draw it's new location, without redrawing the whole map? then either every X redraws redraw the whole map, or when it's resized, or only when a user presses a hotkey? I know it could cause little holes to be drawn in the walls 'til the whole map is redrawn, but wouldn't this use less thinking?

Also, is there a way to have a pause button, or a no map option? sometimes I just need a spawn list, or want to pause and continue, without completely restarting. Also, I run client and server on the same machine and need MySEQ to use as little CPU as possible. I use Win98SE so can't go to the task manager and just turn down it's priority.

I was really glad to find my v1.x auto updater at your download area. I was afraid it had been lost or shoved under a rug permanently by the v2.x guys.

I made a version of the server that pulls the port to be used from the offset ini file; should I post the source? I know the current one is SUPPOSED to take a command line arg to change the port it uses, but I could never get that to work, and wanted to get MySEQ off of 5555.

Old No Name

Sure post the changes here or email me the source to:
[email protected]

Thanks for the updater program I forgot who posted it, and couldnt look it up after I lost my Dev access.