PDA

View Full Version : Banned From MySEQ Website

slartibartfast
09-17-2004, 06:30 AM
I Post my reply to their ban here just in case they feel the need to censor the post.

Slart,

Your account has been banned for the following reasons:

Recent attempts to post offsets which is a violation of our dev policies
Recent statements on your own mssg board concerning contact of the users here.
Recent statements of using 2.x code without asking.

We will expect that you observe the ban and do not attempt reregistations. You may reply here in your defense if you wish.

1) It was taking you so long to get the new offsets out I thought it would help if you could see the V1 that worked for me. Macroquest with its offset finder program normally has offsets posted within an hour of a new exe hitting the patch server. With the Memory offsets it is then a trivial matter to find any structure changes.

So I have to ask why it took your dev team so long?

My only conclusion is that you held off releasing the offsets so that users would appreciate what difference MySEQ makes to their play sessions with the hope that this would trigger a few donations. So now that you are not charging for the software you are trying to blackmail users by witholding the offsets?

2) I never said I had contacted any users I said I had downloaded all 10,000 email addresses of all the registered users (whilst i still had dev access).

3) I will recode the read con level code so that it does not use any v2 code. Perhaps you will recode all of V2 so that it uses no v1 code? :)

slartibartfast
09-17-2004, 06:38 AM
Oh well I'm really going to miss using the version 2 MySEQ :(

- Oh wait I never used version 2 anyway cause it was always ran pig slow on my machine.

I particularly like their attitude, "its running slow on your machine - must be your network", rather than their dodgy network code :)

I will continue to use and develop version 1 with the original open source concept intact. There will be no "You Must Donate" mindless automatons, There will be no censorship, There will be no bannings of people who are trying to help by posting working offsets.

Anyone who has ideas or code to contribute to the project please feel free to post the changes, though I think it best if we have 1 master set of source that all changes get applied to, and releases are made from, so as to minimise the problems of multiple versions in the wild.

CybMax
09-23-2004, 11:29 AM
EDIT : Oh... i see.. i am too banned now.. bah..

They try to "joke away" the fact that they are begging for donations to keep things updated.. In several posts i have seen them "If you donate things would go smoother.. hehe.. jk tho" messages, but i honestly think that the MySEQ v2 has become a money hungry mob of sob's.

It is now very apparent to me why there was so much push to get autoinstallers and everything "smooth" to install.. so that "everyone" could use it.. and donate.. Seeing as other projects like "eqplaynice" have gone comersial with their software.. i fear the v2 project is much moving the same way.. Possibly i would not be surprised if you could download a "lite" version that had no trigger list, and whatever limitations to make people BUY the "pro" version.. Its just a matter of time imo :(

I was part of the testing crew for v.2 just when it started up, and i tested and gave my feedback how i felt things should be, and that the v2 was (and still is) MUCH slower than v.1 .. and the reply? "Its working for us.. your network/computer hardware/software is majorly bugged".. After some ramblings about how .. not smart that sounded, even using programs to test data traffic between my computers without a solution.. I gave up..
I did however post on ppl that had the simliar problems that there was issues that could not be resolved, and that the devs did not want to or understand how to fix it.. and wham.. i was no longer a "tester".. never even recieved a explanation why i was removed..

Well.. for what its worth.. Thank you Slartibartfast for keeping the original project alive! :)

Trajen
09-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Man slart that sux :(

Good luck on your (re)startup of the 1.0 version

cavemanbob
09-24-2004, 01:09 AM
Sucks in both cases, but it's hardly suprising with the nazi-type board they seem to be running these days. Too bad, they really could have done something with the project, but didn't.

slartibartfast
09-24-2004, 02:50 AM
CybMax they were planning to move to a subscription only version. There was going to be a lite version but it would have been useless - ie show no spawns, only your position on the map.

They release a time bombed version about 2 months ago (which stopped working at the end of august) and planned that the next version they released would be subscriber only.

A few of us kicked up a fuss and said that they were inbreach of the open source and copyright agreements, since the project is based heavily on cavemanbobs work.

Thankfully this worried them enough that they backed down and are now planning a complete rewrite, which they plan to charge people for.

That is the reason I reopened my website in protest.

CybMax
09-24-2004, 08:47 AM
Yeah.. Well.. I sent some PM's to Xeeman and try to figure out what he mean by "using 2.x source without permission"..

Is there such a thing as to use a open souce code "without permission"?

The GPL does not require you to release your modified version. You are free to make modifications and use them privately, without ever releasing them. This applies to organizations (including companies), too; an organization can make a modified version and use it internally without ever releasing it outside the organization.
But if you release the modified version to the public in some way, the GPL requires you to make the modified source code available to the program's users, under the GPL.

I never even said i was using v.2 code to do anything, i just modified v.1 code to work for 66+ on that post i did.. so for Xeeman and the rest to acuse me for "using v.2 code without asking permission" is way out of line imo..

Anyway..

fryfrog
09-24-2004, 01:09 PM
Recent statements of using 2.x code without asking.

BWHAHAHAH, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black????

Armaand
09-30-2004, 03:24 PM
That post for 66+ was for me. I've recently done a search on Aerie over there, and have discovered that everything I've ever posted has been wiped and/or locked. Allthough I'm not banned, when asking why they did this they ignore me. Oh well. 1.x still works fine, and my seq box hasn't been wiped if all else fails.
Apparently "Cybmax and Aerie" fall under same category, seeing xeeman posted a locked subject under that name. Nice to met you Cybmax.
If either of you need any help with anything, let me know.