PDA

View Full Version : Cvs

TempLoginName
10-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Ok, I really like how the CVS works... but where do I get the program to manage files through the CVS automatically? I can do stuff through the webpage, browsing and whatnot, but I thought there was a program that automated updating of files through the CVS. Am I wrong? or where can I get such a program? To be fair, I did look around, but kept finding information pages about what the CVS does, not where such a program could be found.

Old No Name

Edit - Another problem: I don't have the program "resgen" used in the new compile.bat. In order to compile, I've been updating the 1.15.18 code with changes I like and then compiling. Could you try simply posting the .NET resgen.exe here for me to download? I really don't know why I don't have it in the first place, but I can't generate the resource files without it needed for the new compile.

42!
10-09-2004, 02:26 AM
Hello,

google for WinCVS, works fine both with the anonymous and the developer access. There's lots of documentation on the Sourceforge site about installing it. To change stuff in CVS, you need developer access... which may not be necessary if you're not updating much, in which case you can just mail patch files to Slartibartfast.

resgen.exe is in the official free C#/.net SDK (Version 1.1.something for me) you can download from M$. I've attached it here too so you can spare yourself a long download. Not virus scanned, use at your own risk.

Have fun,
42!

TempLoginName
10-09-2004, 04:10 AM
Thanks a ton. Compiles like a charm now and I'm finally up to date. I really don't know why I was missing that file, I have the v1.1.4322 SDK as far as I recall...

Old No Name

42!
10-09-2004, 05:10 AM
I had some trouble with the software packages too at the beginning. The package which contains that file is "Microsoft .NET Framework Software Development Kit" for me. It is not the one you get when installing the .net stuff through the windows installer / update - I downloaded that kit myself and installed it separately (i.e., not on C:\WINNT\..., sondern on ...\Program Files\MicroSoft.Net\SDK\v1.1). I remember looking long and hard for resgen.exe in C:\WINNT\... (where some other C# .EXEs are, for me) too, until I remembered that I had another location to look in.

slartibartfast
10-11-2004, 03:19 AM
42! is the person I turn to for all cvs problems :)