PDA

View Full Version : MySeq Client 1.17.0 Released

slartibartfast
10-19-2004, 03:23 PM
I modified the Client - Server communication so incremented the minor version number since a new server is required.

Release Version 1.17.0 (http://myseq.showeq.net)
Dated 19 October 2004

Changed the way the client requests packets from the server - you will need version 1.17.0+ of the server. (This will enable us to configure separate update frequencies for each packet type)
Fixed synchronisation of the map context menu.
Made the border colour of Player Characters configurable.
Added 42's Radar changes.
Added 42's "Powersaving mode" - and can now configure options for foreground and background working.

Killz
10-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Is there a new tar download somewhere?

Thx!!

slartibartfast
10-19-2004, 07:02 PM
This is for the Windows version - MySeq not the linux version.

Release Point for MySeq is http://myseq.showeq.net

CybMax
10-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Awesome news indeed.. I am caught up in much RL stuff atm, and the minor spare time i have im trying to get my toons to 70 :P

Will give this a runthrough tho.. :)

CybMax
10-28-2004, 06:57 AM
Oki.. given it a whirl :) Definately good stuff i must say..

Couple of notes tho.. What does the "Use Fish Eye Mode" do?

And.. dunno if this has any connection with the above, but it does not seem as the map is resized upon zoning.. Could be something i miss tho, but as i set it now, the map will have the same "zoom" after zoning.. This no big deal tho as its easy enough to zoom.. just different :)

42!
10-28-2004, 10:57 AM
Go to a zone or place where only static mobs stand around.

Run in a straight line and with constant speed.

You'll notice that, in fish eye mode, radar dots between the outermost rim and the circle inside of it seem to move slower (across the radar), than the dots completely inside the inner circle.

Other way to explain it: on the radar, you see all mobs up to *twice* the radius of the "player circle" - that's the circle that's drawn around your player in the normal map. But everything that's farther away from you than the single radius is sort of squished against the border of the radar, leaving more screen real estate for the things close (and interesting) to you.

Don't think about it, just enable it... no reason not to have it on. :)

--

The map resize thing has unintentionally and for no particular reason been changed by me when all the map handling was rewritten, and can be changed back if people want that (I don't care any way either). Nobody I met complained yet.

CybMax
10-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Nobody I met complained yet.
Hehe.. oki.. id like to get it back to resize the map again tho.. As i said, not a biggie, so not a "emergenzy fix" thing, but i kinda like the map to be fully visible when i get into a new zone (easy to see my alerts and stuff like that without having to resize map each time tho).

42!
10-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Has been changed back to how it was in CVS, and in the next release.

petermonoscan
11-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Ok - really dumb thing here. The installation instructions say to run "setup.exe", but it isn't present in either of the zip files for release 1.17.0. Am I missing something incredibly obvious ?

42!
11-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Ok - really dumb thing here. The installation instructions say to run "setup.exe", but it isn't present in either of the zip files for release 1.17.0. Am I missing something incredibly obvious ?

Are you sure you've got the correct instructions for the right application? Don't think MySEQ (which is not ShowEQ) has a setup.exe (nor instructions, that is :p ).

petermonoscan
11-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Ah ... that would be where I'm being dumb :-) The instructions referred to the V2 code stream, not the v1 open sourced version. Doh !