PDA

View Full Version : Harvest nodes

Rohan
12-21-2004, 05:38 PM
Time to start figuring out structures, might as well start with something that looks easy. I have attached a few examples of packets that are sent informing the client about new resource nodes. I'm not totally sure that they are complete but they should be good enough until there's a better decrypter. I haven't had time to look too much into these yet but here are a few things:

First two bytes are 00 30, I think AMadMonk said that if the first byte is 01 then it means that the packet is compressed.

These are some initial things if one counts from after 00 07 00
The first seven bytes are simply "harvest" in ascii.
In the first packet (the only one I have exact loc of) the float value at 2E is the x loc, the one at 34 is the y loc. The z loc (A9 B0 15 43 if I didn't write it down incorrectly) seems a bit strange, it comes right after but there's a strange byte (A9) in the middle of it. I haven't had time to check this with any other nodes yet but I don't think it appears at the exactly same spot from an initial look. The last part of the package is "FF FF FF FF FF 81 FF 7F 73" followed by the name of the resource followed by four unknown bytes. The last byte might be type specific of some sort, I think it has to do with the animation used when gathering the resource (would explain the "?" and roots having the same). A few of the values directly before "FF FF FF FF FF 81 FF 7F 73" might be type specific.

Anyway I will load these into a hex editor and collect more samples later when I get some time.

AMadMonk
12-22-2004, 10:43 AM
All EQ2 packets are the result of serializing a class object. I suspect that this is going to result in some weirdness in the contents (excess garbage that isn't used in the datastream).

Rohan
12-22-2004, 11:33 AM
I have gone through a few more packets and there are generally a fair few bytes stuck in places where they do not seem to belong. I guess one has to try to get a tidier version before getting the structure.