PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use the Compass?

fee
02-14-2002, 04:00 AM
I am currently tweaking the interface code. I am trying very hard to keep existing behavior intact.

I am considering removing the code for the compass entirely. Mostly becuase it serves absolutly no purpose. Does anyone actually use it?

Tyrvidarus
02-14-2002, 04:33 AM
Unless you're totally clueless and don't realize up is always north...

fryfrog
02-14-2002, 04:35 AM
i'll just chime in here and say it has been a LOOOONG time since i've actually even SEEN the compass. once i started keeping my showeq.conf file and/or editing it before i used showeq... i just never saw it load. i wouldn't mind at all if you removed the compass. if you can't tell north from south with the on screen thing around your person, you probably shouldn't be using showeq to start with. :)

crazdefool
02-14-2002, 06:15 AM
Yeah I agree it is a waste of code..

SeqTester
02-14-2002, 07:23 AM
There is a compass? WOW I have been casting True north forever to figure out where to go. Just kidding. The only time I ever used compass was when I was still a newbie and didn't know how to edit my showeq.conf file.

If you need compass get a magic marker and put an arrow pointing up on monitor with a big N on top and you are all set. :P

It's like going in the woods with a GPS and looking at a compass.

Ratt
02-14-2002, 09:15 AM
Haha... I tried to remove this about a year and a half ago and had a huge public outcry. :) I still have no idea why... I've never used the compass, just takes up valuable screen real estate.

Be interesting to see what the voting turns out like now.

guice
02-14-2002, 09:36 AM
N . O .

Totally useless. I tried to find a use for it once, but it didn't work out. Just couldn't.

The only thing I can think of is maybe a NS/WE Compass thingy. I don't know about you all, but for some all reason, I still have to thing "WE" when trying to figure out East and West. :(

But, this would be best on the map in like a tinny tiny corner.

S_B_R
02-14-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Tyrvidarus
Unless you're totally clueless and don't realize up is always north...

LOL! unfortunately I'm sure that was a Eureka! moment for someone out there....

SeqTester
02-14-2002, 09:41 AM
Print this and tape to monitor if you need compass.

********N
*******^
********l
W<--+-->E
********l
********V
********S

guice
02-14-2002, 10:44 AM
LOL, Sig! :p

De_Mon
03-12-2002, 01:57 PM
Not everyone uses the map. Tracking spawns without the map would be impossible if the compass is removed. I dont use the compas any more though others might

Zaphod
03-12-2002, 02:05 PM
Last I looked the compass didn't actually take much care and feeding. It's probably one of the lowest maintenance pieces of code in the bunch. So might as well keep it... ;)

As to actual use, I've mostly used it for keeping track of which direction the targeted MOB was in while I had my maps focused on different things.

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

BTW, why won't it actually let me take the poll... :confused:

LordCrush
03-13-2002, 12:20 AM
It takes only room on the Display :D

Regards

- Lord Crush