ZOffset=32
XOffset=36
YOffset=40
NameOffset=44
[CharInfo Offsets]
SpawnInfo=3608

petermonoscan
01-28-2005, 07:34 AM
This works for me apart from one error. Its using the name of my Toon for the zone name - and so doesn't load the correct map file.

MacLeod22
01-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Ok how do I go about making these changes?

Thedek
01-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Good catch on the zone problem, didn't even notice:

ZoneAddr=8409864
becomes

ZoneAddr=8409928
Enjoy!

Nurseling
01-28-2005, 08:06 PM
OK what file do these go in

Thedek
01-28-2005, 08:57 PM
In myseqserver.ini on the Server.

EMT99a
01-29-2005, 09:43 AM
Forgive the newbishness, but I'm not finding the file myseqserver.ini anywhere... which server are you referring to?

I did a cvs -z3 update and pulled the latest version, but still nothing... ideas?

Walpurgiss
01-29-2005, 12:46 PM
myseq = windows one.

EMT99a
01-29-2005, 06:23 PM
Ah... my bad... =/

petermonoscan
01-30-2005, 06:07 AM
Good catch on the zone problem, didn't even notice:

ZoneAddr=8409864

becomes

ZoneAddr=8409928

Enjoy!

Yep - that fixed it. Nice work Thedek. I forgot to say thank-you the first time ... so I'll say it now.

THANK-YOU !

gawker
01-31-2005, 03:00 PM
BTW...

It looks llike the other guys are now posting their source code along with the compiled distribution. Have they been enlightened?

BlueAdept
01-31-2005, 07:21 PM
BTW...

It looks llike the other guys are now posting their source code along with the compiled distribution. Have they been enlightened?

Not quite

======================
Source Files
*Only for those who want to look at the source code
*You DO NOT need these for installation.

You may note that some of the source files do not contain certain features added recently. This is at the request of the developer responsible for that coding, and those wishes will be respected no matter what. No, we are NOT under the GPL either so don't even ask. All the source from the original developers is there.
======================

From what I have been told it is a very old version of the Source. Cavemanbob wrote the original, released it as GPL, they took it, went elsewhere, called it their own and started to charge for it (even banned cavemanbob and a few others from what I remember). It wasnt until several people started to complain about it being GPL and that they were in violation by not making the source available (and charging for it) that they backed down a little.

Slartibartfast was responsible for bringing new life back into the MySEQ project here with the blessing of Cavemanbob.

Heh, they even stole the BSD daemon logo. They got lucky and got off the hook, kind of. The owner of the logo contacted them and gave them permission to use it under certain conditions (which I dont think they met).

I honestly would not trust anyone who violates copyrights and trademarks. Your just asking for trouble.

To top it off, since they only release binaries of the current version, who knows what is in it. For all you know, they could be capturing your logins and passwords to sell to Yantis.

elminster
01-31-2005, 10:18 PM
One of the things I kinda found as funny was that when asked where they posted the offset information, one of the developers said that it was only posted in their auto-updater because "Too many people were stealing our offsets." I'm sorry, YOUR offsets? How are your offsets any different than the ones for MQ or any other version of MySEQ that's actually following the GPL? Did you somehow pull the offsets out of your ass, and therefore they're yours? Last I checked, the offsets were merely there, waiting for anyone who wanted to look for them to find. The gall these people have is ridiculous... I really wish Sony would just start mass banning their users just to hurt them in the wallet. ShowEQ's great because it's free... Even the original MySEQ was great because it was free and more people were able to contribute to it... What they're doing over there is just money grubbing.

sabry
02-01-2005, 07:54 PM
new offset didn t work for me , i thought cause my myseq was maybe a bit too old and tried to download the new 2.0.1 myseq and link is dead ...

anyone knows how to get myseq 2.0.1 ?
anyone can confirm thoses offset only works for this version of myseq and not the one before ? if the version of myseq isn t important why those offset doesn t work on my myseq .... when i edit them and run myseq it doersn t make an error or anything , it does nothing blank map and no mob detected , nothing ....
can someone help me plze ? =)

gawker
02-03-2005, 05:39 PM
To top it off, since they only release binaries of the current version, who knows what is in it. For all you know, they could be capturing your logins and passwords to sell to Yantis.

It took me a few hours to reverse engineer their applications back to source and put them into a complete .NET project. For a group so concerned about hiding their source, they sure don't do much to protect it

Thedek
02-03-2005, 10:50 PM
gawker,

I'd be interested in seeing updated source in a .NET project and maybe starting to do some work to it. I only started with the offsets to 'get my hands a bit dirty'. Please PM me your e-mail if you are interested in talking more about this. Thanks. =)