PDA

View Full Version : alerts

maco2580
02-14-2002, 07:26 AM
I normally use the command line on top of the map to type in the name of the mob I am looking for, but sometimes there are multiple mobs, and I am still working on my filters.conf file. Is there a way to put 2 seperate mobs names up there and have it alert to both? Would be helpful to put several up there.

SeqTester
02-14-2002, 08:47 AM
there are ZOne specific filters now I will look for the post if I got time later(I at work) and you can add as many as you want to that.

SeqTester
02-14-2002, 08:50 AM
http://www27.brinkster.com/blueadept/zonefilters.zip

Unzip to /usr/local/showeq

Mr Guy
02-14-2002, 08:55 AM
Your other option to do exactly what you said should be to add in the bitwise or operator (Also known as the pipe |)

Regex: | indicates alternation:

Zelniak|wolf|Guide

SeqTester
02-14-2002, 08:57 AM
WOW even better, Thanks. Mr. Guy

And I thought that learn something new everyday thing ended when I was a kid. ;)

maco2580
02-14-2002, 09:05 AM
Thank you very much, that will be a great help

Mr Guy
02-14-2002, 09:18 AM
By the way, I realize that regular expressions aren't the sole domain of Perl, but it seems to me that only true dyed in the wool perl monks truly understand their beauty. Because of this, whenever you have a regex problem or question I'd recommend hitting www.perlmonks.org Not to just to read the site, but register with them and use their sidebar chat. Someone almost always knows....

fryfrog
02-14-2002, 07:20 PM
thanks, i had NO idea that using a | in the regex bar would let you put multiple things!

my only OTHER problem is that the top "Find: " thing just doesn't really actually do anything for me. i'll type something in there, and it won't make anything blink or nuthing. i put the SAME name into filters_zonename.conf and it works fine...

deathinc
02-15-2002, 07:04 AM
Fryfrog,

Try hitting 'enter' when you put your stuff in there. The 3.x SEQ would parse the contents of the box constantly. 4.x only parses it when you hit enter. (Less CPU cycles)