PDA

View Full Version : everspy2

odiopopulis
03-13-2005, 09:56 PM
So, i've been messing with this nice little beta utility today, and i must say im impressed, Its in beta so it has alot of room for growth and alot of bugs to work out, but it is definately a good start.

Main box = amd64 3200+ gig ram nvidia 5700le OC vid card wireless network
One of other boxes = pent 3 800mhz 512ram (i use teamspeak on it etc) wireless network

I have noticed after about 4 or 5 zonings it seems to crash, and it seems to be a really big ram hog. I run it on a second monitor on my main box, and it runs like a champ, but after a few zones or a while with alot of mob updates, it seems to eat away at my ram and i start to get some performance issues.

I also tried running the remote feature with the other box i mentioned. I couldn't get it to work and it would make my main box loose connection to my wireless router and not be able to get back on until i turned off everspy2.

I'm not sure if this is something i'm doing wrong, or if it is something that is caused due to the wireless nature of my network.

I have also noticed a couple of things. Larger zones seem to have a smaller radius of information (mobs, ghosts, etc) where as smaller zones have a HUGE radius of information. I guess this is to make it easier on your machine having to load so much.

One thing im curious about, however, is the fact that here is a way to check to see if a lot of mobs are up:

Example: Location :commonlands (make sure you have nothing targeted)

type: /wave light

If Lightbringer wisp is up you will see "yourname waves at Lightbringer Wisp"
If Lightbringer wisp is not up, you will see "yourname waves"

Type: /wave ram

If Ramn'ai is up you will see "yourname waves at Ramn'ai"
If ramn'ai is not up, you will see "yourname waves"

This only works in alpha order, and only with one work after the emote.
For example

Type: /wave captain

If captain Gaer is up you will see "yourname waves at Captain Gaer"
If captain gaer is not up, you will see "your name waves at captain isla"
You can NOT find ogof using this, because isla is always up and I comes before O.

Anyhow, if u are able to use these emotes to see if a mob is up in a zone ANYWHERE, then there has to be some kind of centralized database of what mobs are up, when and where.

Type : /wave high
If high priest of val'marr is up you will see "yourname waves at High Priest Of Val'marr"
If high priest isn't up, you will see "yourname waves"

The interesting thing about high priest is the fact that he's not on tracking for scouts. I was in a group looking for him, and did my /wave thing, and saw he was up, i told the scout to check for him, and he couldn't see him.... even when we were 5 feet away, he wasn't on track, BUT i could see he WAS up by doing /wave high .

If we could see what/where the /wave command gets its target information from, then we might be even better off than using the player based bubble.

Anyhow, these are just some random things i've seen/come across. Figured i'd share them with everyone.

Acid1789
03-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Im not sure whats going on with your memory issues. I have no problem with it. Im developing using a wireless network so thats not the issue. I havnt seen it use a whole lot of memory, but I havnt run around large zones yet either.

As for your little wave trick, almost every / command is sent to the server for processing, very few are handled clientside (with the exception of ui and /pizza). That existence check for your emote is done on the server. The client only views a little piece of the world (always 75 meter radius). The server only sends updates for stuff in this small area (excluding group members). It destroys anything that moves outside your little bubble and only sends create commands when something enters.

Acid1789
03-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the memory thing. I found a particularly nasty memory leak and a couple of crash bugs related to it :)

odiopopulis
03-15-2005, 01:34 PM
damn, you are quick. lol. i'll keep seeing what things i can come up with.

onied
03-20-2005, 08:48 AM
runs remote rather well through winex (cedega) as well. seems to only crash about as much as if i ran it localy on my windows machine.

my linux machine is only a celeron 667 with 256mb PC133 ram hehe =)

I tried to run it with plain ole wine, it works... kinda the mob list on the left side of the window flashes hen the mouse goes to that side of the window other wise its all black with map icons.

Question, how do you overlay maps? I didn't see an option for it but i think it could be really handy.

BlueAdept
03-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Congratulations Acid on those high scores in the arcade. You did a nice job of cheating :)

Acid1789
03-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Question, how do you overlay maps?
Maps arent supported in this version. Still havnt decided what the best way to handle maps is. Any suggestions are welcome :)

Congatulations Acid on those high scores in the arcade. You did a nice job of cheating
Thank you :) I always cheat

Freakyuno
03-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Maps arent supported in this version. Still havnt decided what the best way to handle maps is. Any suggestions are welcome

At one time I was working on a skinable 3d engine that would allow rendering of the SEQ spawn data in real time, in a 3d enviroment. IE: Depth filtering would take on a whole new meaning with a rotateable and positionable spawn grid. Imagine the rotating particle visualation for Windows Media Player and you get the idea.

I gave up on the project because SEQ as a whole was almost dead at that point, and my EQ career was over. If this is something your interested in, let me know.

Acid1789
03-21-2005, 12:32 PM
What were you using for 3d data? And why bother rendering 3D data in an orthographic viewport?

Freakyuno
03-21-2005, 05:04 PM
I used the X, Y and Z of the decoded Mob data. I wasnt rendering it in the SEQ 2d viewport. I used openGL to draw a resizeable frame that you could grab with the mouse and twist on an axis relative to your position in the space. Basically your toons dot would become absolute center and you could rotate it on any axis based on that center position.

Acid1789
03-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Druppy suggested a feature similar to that the other day. Its not very usable however.

The first phase of my next project involves creating a zone viewer. It would be possible to merge the zone viewer into EverSpy2 as a 3D mode option. Basicly you would get all the zone geometry in a 3D view and a free cam to fly around and look at the data in 3D.

Dont count on seeing this feature until after the first release of EverSpy2 though :)

Freakyuno
03-21-2005, 08:10 PM
This was much more simple than that. Didnt even include map lines, just floating "skittles" in a 3d grid frame. Look forward to a zone explorer though.

high_jeeves
03-23-2005, 09:59 AM
A simple way to do mapping: (My home grown showEQ did this):

Create an XML file (or database table, or other structured storage system) which contains information about each map (map image name, seed coordinates, Z-range, etc). When a user enters a zone, you load the image specified in the XML file, and use the seed coordinates to create a tranformation matrix to convert between bitmap coordinates and EQ2 coordinates. Then it becomes as easy as applying the transform before you render your ghosts. This also makes things like rotation, scaling, and panning very easy (as they all work through the same transformation matrix).

Here is an example XML structure:

<zones>
<zone name="Stormhold">
<map image="stormhold1.gif" zmin="-100" zmax="100">
<coordinate imagex="25" imagey="54" eq2x="234.4" eq2y="445.3" />
<coordinate imagex="345" imagey="543" eq2x="1234.8" eq2y="943.2" />
<coordinate imagex="83" imagey="238" eq2x="423.6" eq2y="732.5" />
</map>
<map image="stormhold2.gif" zmin="100" zmax="400">
.... more coordinates ....
</map>
</zone>
</zones>

note, this data is made up, but you get the idea. When a player is at zloc 50, you see map stormhold1.gif, when player is at zloc 200, you see map stormhold2.gif. You use the coordinates to determine how EQ2 coords map to the .gif coords for that map. You could also allow for multiple maps in the same Z-range, and give the user a hotkey to flip through all the available maps.

I'd be happy to help out with the coding effort for EverSpy 2, if you are interested in farming out some of the work.

--Jeeves

Acid1789
03-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Heh rendering an image is not hard. Getting the image is. Who would be making all these maps? ;)

high_jeeves
03-23-2005, 01:08 PM
This site has great maps: http://www.gry-online.pl/eq2/index.asp

They do not allow for distribution of them, but they do allow download of them for personal use. Create and distribute the XML or other data files which work with these (or any other available maps), and publish those XML files... the downloading of the maps can be the end users problem, unless you can get permission from the orignial authors. If you make the map loading/rendering code nice and generic, with a user editable config file, any user can create/download/use any maps of their choice.

--Jeeves

Acid1789
03-23-2005, 01:33 PM
There is also the map project at http://maps.eq2interface.com/. But stealing their images would be illegal. Neither of them have responded to emails about using their maps so thats not really a good option.

Freakyuno
03-23-2005, 10:01 PM
We just need a way to decode maps directly from the EQ2 zone files. Lemme poke around and see what I can come up with.

tonyis3l33t
04-01-2005, 09:09 AM
check out maps.eq2interface.com for maps guys.

woops didnt see the second page at first :)

and you are free to use the maps i made as long as you keep the files how they are, no editing pls;)

here is a site for extracting images/sounds
unfortunately its just a start. It cant extract the maps yet that i know of.
http://eq2.blazlabs.com/

im quite interested in this everspy2 :) ill stay updated and wait for a release!

Acid1789
04-01-2005, 12:43 PM
Thanks for posting here tonyis3l33t, Ive been watching your progress over at eq2interface.com for a while now.

Im probably going to implement maps in EverSpy2 this weekend. There will be 3 initial map modes: the eq2interface map format, the http://www.gry-online.pl/eq2/index.asp map format, and a proprietary vector map format. Users will have the option to configure the order it looks for a map, so for instance if the eq2interface maps are your default choice but you dont have a map for the zone you are in, it will try the second choice, then the third.

Thanks for the blaz link too, dont think anyone has posted that on this board yet. Ive been talking with blaz over the last few months. I have a few tools Ive built based on his work (model viewer, asset extractor, etc).

In other news, EverSpy2 is now very stable (ran it for 4 days so far with no crashes). There is also a new expression system in EverSpy2. You can search, filter, and/or create alerts based on the new expressions. You can qualify mobs by name, type, level, con color, distance, race, and/or class. I will be putting out a release tonight for those on the beta list :)

tonyis3l33t
04-02-2005, 12:48 PM
how do i get a beta release? :)

DevoidX
04-02-2005, 03:30 PM
Hey Acid, check your email. I had a bud of mine who wanted the beta, and I wouldn't give him a copy of it (which just so happened to break the next day's patch) so I told him do the donate thing like I did to get access and you've not gotten back to him. I also emailed you about your web site.

~Jeff

hughthehand
04-10-2005, 07:58 PM
So whats the word on this? Is it complete or when will it be public release (I mean when can I donate money and get the program...don't want to donate and not get anything in return..)

Acid1789
04-11-2005, 12:14 PM
There are still a few large bugs that need to be worked out and a few features still need to be implemented. Once Im satisfied with its stability and feature set it will be released ;)

tonyis3l33t
04-12-2005, 03:55 AM
from what i understand, if you donate you WILL get the beta. And the current release works pretty damn well if you ask me:)

CX2
04-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Acid: there is currently a bug where if you have a mob selected, and it goes off the screen, EverSpy2 client crashes complaining about having a target of !=NULL

cx2

Cryonic
04-12-2005, 07:42 PM
you aren't using ShowEQ if you are posting in this forum, heheh.

CX2
04-12-2005, 11:15 PM
yea, my fault...Just mistyped, super long day.

Also seems with expression filter if i target a mob that is filtered to not show up, it will give that same error.

Pietz
04-14-2005, 02:23 AM
Hi folks and greetings from good old Germany,

First of all I'd like to say perfect job to Acid *thumbsup*.
I've been using MySEQ for long time, and now since release of EQ2, I did not even think about looking up your page for a maybe version of that tool implemented to EQ2.
But just the other day if accidently stopped by, and.....WOW
what do I read,....working on Everspy2.
So far I've read there iss no final yet, ha?
And that tool will only be for donators, sounds god to me. With all that work etc.
Why not.....

My questions are, when approx. will be the release and where do I've to donate to get the EQ2 version?
Further, will it work the same way like SEQ does?

Acid1789
04-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Most of the major features are done, there are still a few small features to implement. There are a couple of nasty bugs people are still reporting (I cant reproduce them) that are causing it to crash and/or eat up 100% of the CPU time. Once these are fixed there will probably be an open beta test to stress test the server code. Once Im satisfed with that, it will be released.

Its not a clone of SEQ nor is a Port to EQ2. It has alot of the same principals though so you may consider it to 'work the same way' as SEQ but you may not also. It depends on how you think SEQ works ;) There are alot of things that SEQ does that arent done in EverSpy2, and visa versa.

flipper
04-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Most of the major features are done, there are still a few small features to implement. There are a couple of nasty bugs people are still reporting (I cant reproduce them) that are causing it to crash and/or eat up 100% of the CPU time. Once these are fixed there will probably be an open beta test to stress test the server code. Once Im satisfed with that, it will be released.

Acid -- ERSRemote is the CPU hog for me. I've checked the Task Manager a few times and have seen 50% for the CPU utilization (I have hyperthreading enabled). I've entered in the appropriate registry key for using eq2ui maps but I do not have an option to choose maps -- Is this one of the unreleased features as of today?

Thanks for the great work thus far. The mini-map is great for those of us that play fullscreen.

Acid1789
04-18-2005, 04:27 PM
The problem with ESRemote using 99% of the CPU time is very strange. It doesnt happen on any machine I have and most people are using it just fine. If anyone having this happen has a debugger installed, would be very helpful to know where ESRemote is spending all this cpu time :)

Maps should be working if you added that registry key. They dont work in the minimap yet, just because I havnt gotten around to adding the one line of code for it :)

TheDruid
04-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey All,

I'm new to the site but have passed through here and there well before EQ2 was online. I have yet of course to see your current work and unfortunatly other then donating, and just "using" the beta to look for it to crash I couldn't help much. Although I would like to help in any way I can. That being said I'll move onto my questions.

First of all, do you happen to have any more current screen shots? And it looks like for someone to use this we'd need to download some other applets in order to run this. Which is fine and I'm sure you have a complete and detailed list of everything needed which is awsome. But, when you release the final will you have all of those items in one "simple" package for download? The other thing I was wondering was how feesable (sp) is this to run on the same machine as your EQ2 machine and how "trackable" is it? I.E. could SOE "catch you" if they desided to look for this type of thing.

I also am greatful for all of your hard work with this as not only will somthing like this be helpful to some people, but it will be interesting to see more indepth information about the world a player might be running around in.

Thank you all and I'm off to send a few $$ to ya.

P.S. Acid check your PM thing as I noticed somthing in the Screenshot you posted earlier.

odiopopulis
04-20-2005, 06:08 PM
The problem i see with ESREMOTE only occurs when i restart my box, or sometimes after i, either exit everspy2, or it crashes.

With the latest patches it hasn't crashed for me... at all. one thing i have noticed is that it seems to update a little slower than it used to. I use everspy2 on the same computer on a second monitor, and although i do see a slight drop in my frame-rate... all around i have no complaints.

Only reason i'm now noticing the esremote on bootup is normally i don't turn my comp off... but its starting to get hot in phx, AZ and plus the elec bill in summer is unreal.

TheDruid
04-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Cool. Although I'm sure I'll get more "intall info" and the like, I'm guessing I won't have too much of a problem then. Thanks. Any of you wouldn't happen to have any screenshots or anything would you? I'm tryin to get a feel for how it looks and how to read the information that is displayed.

Like you though I normally never turn off my PC although I also don't have much problem with the cooling of my old and slow p4 1.8ghz. LOL. And I think with 1gig RAM I should be semi ok. Once I get the money for a better rig though, I'm sure I'll suffer next to nothing as far as lag or whatever, as I will have this older system to run any other prog on that I want along with Everspy2.

I'll keep lookin here for more info and such. The only drawback I have now is I'm currently not able to play EQ2 and won't be able to play with this or EQ2 until around June.

TheDruid

P.S. If you have any good SS's of Everspy2 And EQ2 working in tandem on the same PC I would love to see'em. Just send me a PM for my email addy and junk.

Choofer
04-20-2005, 08:20 PM
Acid i too have a 97 - 99% cpu usage when using es-remote, tonight i will install it on another PC and see if there is any difference. Also i noticed last night my PC was hanging quite a lot while running it, again ill see if this happens on my 2nd PC.

On another note can you be specific what \dir the eq2maps directory registery should be looking at i have tried \everquest II\ui\eq2maps ( the directory one below the map files ) \everquest2 II\UI\eq2maps\eq2maps ( the directory with the maps in ) and neither picks up the maps.

Thanks

Choof

Acid1789
04-21-2005, 12:21 PM
On another note can you be specific what \dir the eq2maps directory registery should be looking at

This is pointing to C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuestII\UI\EQ2MAP\ on my machine. The trailing slash is important, make sure its there :)

LU#7 changed a few things in the ghost structure, Hopefully I will have a new version out tonight to accomodate the changes.

Choofer
04-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the work mate...

Choof

flipper
04-21-2005, 03:49 PM
This is pointing to C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuestII\UI\EQ2MAP\ on my machine. The trailing slash is important, make sure its there :)

Chofer -- Let us know if the above path fixes the map display issue for you. I am still unable to see maps in ES2. Just for clarity... I'm using the eq2interface tool titled "[Official]BETA EQ2MAP Updater". Is this the correct tool?

Choofer
04-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Yea im using the same tool, though since im using esremote with no everquest loaded on that machine i am copying the eq2maps directory to that pc. I'll also try maping it accross to the pc with everquest on it once we get the fix fopr the latest update.

Choof

Newguy99
04-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Hi, I just received my beta version of Everspy2 today. I too saw the cpu utilization go way up with esremote until it completely loaded. After the service had started completely the utilization went back to normal.

I am having a problem though. I have 2 boxes that have EQ2 installed and a laptop without EQ2. When I run Everspy2 I see no information, just a blank box. When I zone the window title bar updates to the new zone so I am getting communication between the boxes. I have tried just about every combination of settings with the same result. I have ran Everspy2 locally on both EQ2 boxes, I have tried accessing both EQ2 boxes from the laptop and the other box. I get the same result. I have tried disabling my firewalls as well. Just as a side note, I used to run ShowEQ on this same network so I know my hub is not filtering data.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Acid1789
04-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Yep, LU#7 changed things slightly. I havnt finished adjusting yet.

Newguy99
04-21-2005, 09:35 PM
OK sorry, I thought I just screwed something up as usual. Thanks for the time and effort you put into this project.

Mal-2
04-22-2005, 11:15 AM
On another note can you be specific what \dir the eq2maps directory registery should be looking at i have tried \everquest II\ui\eq2maps ( the directory one below the map files ) \everquest2 II\UI\eq2maps\eq2maps ( the directory with the maps in ) and neither picks up the maps.

What registry key is this supposed to be set in?

Acid1789
04-22-2005, 04:18 PM
What registry key is this supposed to be set in?
This is described in the email I sent out. Also the latest version can set this for you in the options menu.

flipper
04-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Chofer -- Let us know if the above path fixes the map display issue for you. I am still unable to see maps in ES2. Just for clarity... I'm using the eq2interface tool titled "[Official]BETA EQ2MAP Updater". Is this the correct tool?
I wanted to provide an update to my own question so that others don't make the same mistake that I did...

To see maps in Everspy2 you MUST install EQ2MAP and you should also install EQ2MAP Updater. Just installing the map updater wasn't sufficient for me to see maps in Everspy2.

Girlszguy
04-23-2005, 01:28 PM
if you run the eq2map updater install program it should install the maps / update all the POI's on its own... they arent 2 seperate installations.. also Id like to hop on your beta team and maybe I can help out with some in game interface things or something...

( Im the current owner of the incubi silver interface on eq2interface.com )

flipper
04-23-2005, 02:46 PM
if you run the eq2map updater install program it should install the maps / update all the POI's on its own... they arent 2 seperate installations.. also Id like to hop on your beta team and maybe I can help out with some in game interface things or something...

( Im the current owner of the incubi silver interface on eq2interface.com )
That's what I thought. However, I had EQ2MAP Updater installed for a few weeks and updated every day and never saw a map in EverSpy2. Then I installed EQ2MAP and ran the updater again... and voila!

Girlszguy
04-23-2005, 04:27 PM
eq2updater installs to what ever is determined in your eq2.ini if your running a custom interface, If eq2.ini isnt present it installs into */UI/EQ2MAP which I believe is the default installation path for EQ2MAP but I cant be sure, its been awhile since I looked at it.

the program could be written to do the same thing as the install for eq2map. check for eq2.ini , if present follow its root folder then look for */EQ2MAP ; if eq2.ini isnt present use root path for EQ2Map

gus
04-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Acid1789,

Apparently I've got one of those machines where ESRemote goes 100% cpu hog. Have VS NET on this PC, I installed Win2k debug symbols and attached and stepped through the assembly. It appears to be something in the DataModule.ddl!Init() method making calls to KERNEL32.DLL!WaitForSingleObject() in an endless loop.

gus

Acid1789
04-24-2005, 05:12 PM
Thank you very much gus, that hint may have been enough :)

I just sent out a new version that may fix it.

flipper
04-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Acid,

Today's release has fixed the high CPU utilization bug for me. I've been in your beta program for the past few releases and had very high CPU utilization until now. Thanks you both (Acid and gus) for squashing that bug!

Choofer
04-25-2005, 05:05 PM
For people who are not getting anything from the ESremote screen, i noticed last night that if i have both machines on for a couple of minutes before i start up EQ2 and esremote it seems to work but when i go in as soon as i switch the pc's on i get nothing from the esremote screen... something to test out...

Anyone else having problem's with esremote crashing as soon as you put in the eqmaps path ?

Choof

odiopopulis
04-25-2005, 05:25 PM
I played eq for about 12 hours yesterday, and i didn't have a single issue at all... ran fine, loaded with maps no problem... no high cpu usage... Everything was FANTASTIC.

Only restarted it a couple times due to high amount of mobs on screen (they don't dissapear when they die) and wanted to re-populate my Everspy2.

Thios is definately turning into a FANTASTIC piece of equipment.

I got my three screens/two comps here.

I 2 box and have Everspy2 in the third window... FINALLY something i can run in the third window to utilize everything i have.

Know what would make this really amazing? a build in dmg parser, just on the top or bottom somewhere... just your(and/or u and ur pet) dps, nothing fancy. [but im sure thats something to think about a long ways from now]
Sure beats having to keep another window (or monitor)... even tho it is tempting to run 4 monitors...

Anyhow, great progress guys.

I did have one question... I can't seem to make it so when i open the program it auto-full screens... and when i zone i have to re-maximize the map. Any ideas/suggestions? (i already tried going in to properties and window= maximize... but that didn't change anything

Choofer
04-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Just another question, how do you get the EQMaps installer to run on a machine that does not have everquest installed, just create an eq.ini file in the path somewhere ?

I also have the same question as odiopopulis did, skittle screen not defaulting to full screen, i just figured it was a small bug, no big deal hitting another mouse button to full size it but would be nice of EverSpy to remember the map size but not really important.

Choofer
04-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Bah posted the message just as i was rememebring one more thing...

Can we have some way when removing all the greys from the screen at the same time keeping the nodes up and viewable, sometimes im just in a grey zone harvesting and would like to just see where the nodes are without all the clutter...

Choof

Acid1789
04-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Only restarted it a couple times due to high amount of mobs on screen (they don't dissapear when they die) and wanted to re-populate my Everspy2.
I have a 'cleanup' routine Ive been working on. This is a difficult issue since as soon as a mob goes outside the ~75m radius, the server sends a destroy message. The current version ignores this message unless the mob is within 50m. Ive been working on finding a good way to remove mobs as you come back in range of them, but its fairly complicated.

Also you can close ES2, then reopen it without restarting ESRemote or zoning and you will get a cleared display around your character again.

Know what would make this really amazing? a build in dmg parser, just on the top or bottom somewhere... just your(and/or u and ur pet) dps, nothing fancy.
Its on the TODO list. I want to add combat stats, harvesting stats, exp stats, quest stats, etc. Community mode will have some global averages and statistics as well.

I can't seem to make it so when i open the program it auto-full screens... and when i zone i have to re-maximize the map.
This is also on the feature list, in the near future ES2 will remember its window positions and locations.

Can we have some way when removing all the greys from the screen at the same time keeping the nodes up and viewable, sometimes im just in a grey zone harvesting and would like to just see where the nodes are without all the clutter...
This can be done currently either by filtering all monsters and leaving the resource nodes unfiltered or by using the expression filter. You could use something similar to the following:

<-type != resource-> AND <-color = grey->

That will filter everything that cons grey to you except resources. I originally wrote the con color code when my character was level 26. As I gain levels I am noticing its not accurate since cons scale with level. I dont have accurate information for level ranges so I havnt found a good solution yet.

int 21h
04-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Couple of quick bugs:

1) If you apply an expression filter, then zone out, the filter itself disappears but remains applied.

2) Some NPCs are showing up as monsters. For instance, Drysilia in Runnyeye.

Feature requests:

1) Save window state? Anyway to keep the window sized how it was sized when I zone out/in?

2) Some of the interface things are a little unintuitive. For instance, pressing a button to filter out a mob, instead of unpressing a button to filter out a mob. This is nitpicky I guess, but it seems to make more sense that I would toggle a button to show a mob than hide it.

3) The zoom interface is a huge pain on a box without a scroll mouse (like my notebook). Anyway we could get a magnifying glass icon (Photoshop-esque) that would control the magnification?

4) How about highlighting something if you double click its name in the mob list? Maybe put a highlight around it on the ES2 map? I'm guessing since the connection to the server is a TCP stream you can't inject packets or send any traffic for the client back to the server (i.e. implement something to do waypoints)

Open ended questions:

What sort of features are you thinking about implementing in the community mode and will participation in said mode be mandatory? Will you be developing with an eye towards anonymity in this feature? (i.e. what if SOE buys a copy of the program and bans all users of said mode, etc.) How attached are you to the interface? Is this what we'll see in a final version or is this sort of debug mode?

So far great work, lots of potential, keep it up and thanks for the packet sniffer release, it makes for good late night reading ;)

Acid1789
04-26-2005, 12:44 PM
1) If you apply an expression filter, then zone out, the filter itself disappears but remains applied.
Ive seen this one myself, should be easy to fix :)

2) Some NPCs are showing up as monsters. For instance, Drysilia in Runnyeye.

These NPCs are actually monsters, I will add an option to classify unattackable monsters as NPCs.

2) Some of the interface things are a little unintuitive. For instance, pressing a button to filter out a mob, instead of unpressing a button to filter out a mob. This is nitpicky I guess, but it seems to make more sense that I would toggle a button to show a mob than hide it.
This is a 'Filter', when you turn the filter on it filters out the specified mob. Im going to add an option for inverse filtering (for those who think backwards :)).

3) The zoom interface is a huge pain on a box without a scroll mouse (like my notebook). Anyway we could get a magnifying glass icon (Photoshop-esque) that would control the magnification?
Hadnt considered that as I always have a scroll wheel (even on my laptop). How does Page Up/Page Down sound as well as scroll wheel?

4) How about highlighting something if you double click its name in the mob list? Maybe put a highlight around it on the ES2 map?

It should do this already, this bug just needs to be fixed :)

I'm guessing since the connection to the server is a TCP stream you can't inject packets or send any traffic for the client back to the server (i.e. implement something to do waypoints)
EverSpy2 cant inject things into the network stream no, (however I could if you wanted a custom hack). Waypoints are currently supported, click a mob in EverSpy2 then hit Enter to start chat mode in EQ2. Hit Ctrl + V in EQ2 and hit enter, voila you have a waypoint to your mob.

What sort of features are you thinking about implementing in the community mode and will participation in said mode be mandatory?
Community mode is my main way to get around the limited update area. It was originally intended to share the locations and status of mobs with other users. Basicly any time you recieve an update, EverSpy2 sends that update to my server, which in turn shares that information with anyone else that wants to see it. For example, if there are 10 people using EverSpy2 in commonlands on one server, you would see mobs around each of the 10 people. This can also be used for viewing zones you arent in, so for instance if you wanted to check for named mobs in zones you arent even in. You wouldnt even need to be running EQ2.

I also want to add data mining features, item collection, quest collection etc. One of the biggest things I want to come out of community mode is a very complete quest checklist in EverSpy2. It will show you all of the known quests and every one your character has completed. I want to put up a content site that has all the information gathered from the community mode.

Community mode is not manditory and will be a premium service (since I have to pay for hosting/bandwidth).

Will you be developing with an eye towards anonymity in this feature? (i.e. what if SOE buys a copy of the program and bans all users of said mode, etc.)
There are much easier ways to detect EverSpy2 than trying to determine who the community mode users are. They could ban every user of EverSpy2 if they choose to do so.

How attached are you to the interface? Is this what we'll see in a final version or is this sort of debug mode?
What would you suggest?

int 21h
04-26-2005, 04:11 PM
What would you suggest? Forgive the quality of this hastily made mockup, but maybe something like this:

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=242257&poll_id=0&warned=y
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=242258&poll_id=0&warned=y
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=242260&poll_id=0&warned=y

Choofer
04-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Just an update for those who cannot get EverSpy to work, ie: everything seems to be ok and you followed all the instructions and still no skittles. Just to preface this i only use EsRemote, local EverSpy worked flawlessly with maps < shrug >

I had a problem that EverSpy would work say 10% of the time so i knew i had it set up right though something was incorrect and it was bugging me why.

What i did was removed everything from the network connection properties in my local connextion setup and left only tcp and file and print sharing. Voila it work 100% of the time now.

I cannot be sure but it seems, only seems, that removing the QoS packet Scheduling was the bit that actually fixed evrything but since i changed many things that could just be coincidence. It could also be the fast that i actually changed a setting and that started the handshaking.

All i can report is it works 100% of the time..

Now to get maps working, anyone have a walk through on that, i have the correct registery setting on the Evershow box and on the EsRemote box ( just to make sure ). Everything i put in the directory for the eqmaps it crashes 100% of the time immediatly.

Now i have skittles i can live without maps but it would be a nice feature to get going since ACID put so much work into it...

Hope this helps someone

Choofer

odiopopulis
04-30-2005, 09:04 PM
i never had to add the registry key to get maps working... with the new update i don't think u need to. At least i never did and maps work 100% for me (except a couple zones with different lvls).

odiopopulis
05-10-2005, 12:11 AM
noticed since recent update (7.1) some maps do not properly load, and the program seems to stop resonding after a while... perhaps too many mobs on list, but never had this problem before.

Also, seem to have more framerate loss lately, perhaps due to maps not loading correctly?? i just did a rescan of my comp and everything checked out A-Ok, and just fine with just eq running... i expect a framerate loss, but lately has been more than usual. Just thought i would add that in for ya as something to look at. For me, having this on a second monitor is a godsend =D.

If you are still thinking about puttin in a Built in Dmg Parser, and some other stuff to take up tool-bar space. i was thinking about about a little icon for cpu usage and mem usage as well? that would be VERY handy imo.

Acid1789
05-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Please let me know what maps are not working correctly. I know of alot and have been fixing them as I have time. The ones I know of that dont work:

Antonica
Stormhold
Nek Castle
Zek (this one doesnt have a map from EQMAPS)
Everfrost
Lavastorm
Obelisk of Lost Souls
Rivervale
Cazic Thule
Permafrost

Feerrott is working now and should be in the next release.

The bug with it not responding after a while. Its still responding just not parsing the stream. Works if you zone again. This problem occurs because up to v7.1 ES2 was not handling packet sequence wrapping so it stopped when it saw 65,535 packets. This is fixed and will be in the next release.

I havnt noticed any framerate problems from EverSpy2 (running on another machine). I have noticed framerate drops in EQ2 itself with every patch though. ESRemote takes up very few resources. (About ~1% CPU and about 3mb of ram) The only slow piece in ES2 is filtering things out of the list. For some reason it takes alot of time to add/remove items to a tree control with the fox toolkit.

odiopopulis
05-10-2005, 09:49 PM
zek works, antonica sometimes works, longshadow ally MOST of the time works, nek castle works- but the lvls get confusing, stormhold works, sorta once again layers and map not displaying correctly.

Tomb of night (all instances) sort of work. the maps don't display correctly, but they are sort of there.

Those other zones u mentioned i haven't been to yet

Choofer
05-10-2005, 10:02 PM
ACID, with the latest update my esremote is crashing almost immediatly, i will send you a dump tonight with the information.

Choof

Found my problem and corrected it, now it's working flawlessly ( no maps though ) ... thats whats causing the crashes

Acid1789
05-11-2005, 01:24 PM
zek works, antonica sometimes works
?!

The map for zek isnt even in the maps folder for either of my two machines (I update EQ2MAP every day). Antonica is missing the zone rectangles in EQ2MAP, so it cant display. If you have these displaying, im very surprised. How?

odiopopulis
05-11-2005, 05:09 PM
well, i know zek and antonica definately display . i've just finished 2 heritage quests in antonica, and im currently workin on zek... so i've been there recently.

if i remember too i will download fraps or something and take a screenshot for yah =p

don't forget if u use a custom ui you have to copy and paste over the new maps into your custom ui folder otherwise you won't have the new maps.

also, i never had to do the registry edit for the maps to work, i just waited untill u had the new version where you could enter a location, and worked stock out of box

Acid1789
05-11-2005, 09:03 PM
I dont see how this is possible?

Do you have a map in your UI/EQ2MAP/images/maps folder named map_orcishwastes_0.dds?

Im using the auto updater to update my maps... not sure how else you would have gotten it.

TheDruid
05-18-2005, 09:13 PM
All I know is that I like this prog a ton!

It's been very helpful for me to find things I'm looking for and need for questing.
I have only had very minor issues that are random. Just minor crashing of ES2 once in a while. I need to install a debugging prog soon though so that I can help find these for you so that if others have the same problem they can be addressed.

One of the features I really like since I'm running this in Local mode is the mini map. (Wish I had 2 monitors)
Although the maps show up in the normal window it would be awsome if they showed up in the mini-map. I have a feeling that you are working on implementing this. If not, then I hope you might consider it.
This prog, is incredible especially if you run EQ2Map.

Thank you for all your work on this and I am glad I don't have any problems with this prog crashing often. Although on the other hand I wish it would so that I could be more help to you all. haha.

I look forward to seeing this go comercial and seeing how the "comunity server" idea you have will enhance this.

TheDruid.

P.S. Send me an email or PM here Acid. I would love to hook up with you in game somtime to try and help ya or even just to chat with you (not in game chat tho) about this prog and how I might be able to help you.

Cryonic
05-19-2005, 01:13 AM
irc.doomed.to:8067
#showeq

odiopopulis
05-29-2005, 04:08 PM
meant to post follow up, kept forgetting.

You were right lol, didn't show up for zek...

i got it mixed up with my REGULAR map for zek.

Sorry bout the confusion

Andayle
06-16-2005, 04:55 AM
Hiya all

I have been using the beta Util fine since I recieved my copy. Only thing that seemed a bit hit and miss was the maps, sometimes they worked and sometimes they didnt, but ALL the dungeon maps worked everytime. It was just the maps like antonica and the qeynos city maps that didnt show very often.

However I have been away for around 3 days and so have not played EQ2. I come back to find that it has patched and now my Everspy2 wont work. Im running it on 2 pc's and all was fine before. Its the esremote.exe that keeps crashing on the EQ2 machine. Once its crashed I have to do a full reboot of the EQ2 machine to be able to get ESremote to load again. It seems to work for around 5 seconds before it crashed so im quessing something might have changed in the data stream?

If anymore info is needed just let me know and i'll provide what I can.

Andayle
06-16-2005, 10:31 AM
hmm I reinstalled my Server pc wich has Everspy2 installed (not the EQ2 Machine) And now when i try and connect the only conection it asks to monitor is Ndis local host. I'm sure before it used to ask for 2 connections and one of wich being my network card.

I tried installing Everspy2 onto the machine with EQ2 installed and that does the same thing even when told to connect to a local library. My wincap installation is all up to date as i just checked. I'm really stuck on how this should be working now :(

Any help with some ideas would be most apreciated.

Thanks.

Acid1789
06-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Try uninstalling EverSpy2 from both machines, uninstall winpcap. Then reinstall winpcap and EverSpy2 (in that order). Also make sure you are using the latest version of EverSpy2 (v0.10)

Asterof
08-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Im using 2-0.11 zip
not sure what version that is
However all I get is a blank screen, altho the monitoring machine
does know what server and xzone the game machine is in.
I have read the forums and tried what ever I found there, still
just a blank screen.
Any Ideas
Thanks

orenwolf
08-07-2005, 09:01 AM
Just an FYI, I now have the exact same problem.

Asterof
08-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Most of my maps are way over sized
how does one fix this

Acid1789
08-08-2005, 11:46 AM
What do you mean by oversized?

doox00
08-09-2005, 03:45 PM
what is everspy?

Johan
08-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Guys i only have this version EverSpy2-0.03 (and it dont work anymore)had a break form eq2 but now i started to play again and i cant find a place to download from heard the new verion was 7.1 where can i find that ?

Best Reguards Johan

gp1001
09-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Same here, Been looking for a link for sometime now.

sovietax
09-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Is this gonna be a Lynux only or will this work for windows as well?

Acid1789
09-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Its windows only. There wont be a linux version.

mastrrob
09-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Acid,

Any update on a full release now that DoF is out?

LordCrush
09-24-2005, 01:15 PM
*giggle* is there a need for a whole forum for EQ2 ? .... you guys put everything in 2 or 3 threads :)

mastrrob
11-03-2005, 05:14 PM
any update... its been a long time.

Mithra
11-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Hey has anyone had any luck forging outgoing packets on the UDP channel? I can forge the TCP channel, but the critical things, like looting a corpse, movement and whatnot go out sendto and not send.

Laetos
12-09-2005, 03:31 AM
Hey

fiddling here around i got following problem.
The machine that should be runing everspy2 only works/connects to game comp when game comp has everspy2 installed also which i find odd since i would prefer nothing of this to be on my game comp for obvious reasons.

If anyone would be so kind to just drop a note that game comp doesnt need a install of everspy2 just the remote machine so i dont fiddle into infinity ^_^

Acid1789
12-09-2005, 12:30 PM
ESRemote needs to be running on the EQ2 machine. Packet collecting is done here because they left their RC4 pad in memory.

If you are worried about being banned, dont cheat.