PDA

View Full Version : Tactics map not displaying completely

Leetlewon
04-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Anyone else notice that the upper left (northwest) part of the tactics map is not displaying properly? It's the section that winds back behind the pit - where the armorer and supplier camp is and eventually you get to Tagrin.

None of the hallways are displaying in seq. I see them on mapfiend, download this exact map, bring it up in seq and no hallways. The pit and most of the rest of the zone displays fine, however.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Cryonic
04-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Depth filtering or line color.

Leetlewon
04-17-2005, 07:22 AM
I went to Window.... Map.....Map Line Display... and selected Faded Floors and this displayed some of the missing lines, but I've never had to do this before.

A few minutes later on a different zoom level it quit working. I'm still confused about why these maps aren't displaying properly.

What setting might be doing this? Where is the setting?

purple
04-17-2005, 07:35 AM
The actual lines in your map file for the tactics map are probably black. Attach your tactics.map and someone will fix it for you or fix it yourself. It's just a text file.

uRit1u2CBBA=
04-17-2005, 09:28 AM
I checked my map of potactics (which came from showeq-maps package), and there are no black areas.

I'll attach it here.

(Since .gz files are not allowed, I added .txt to the filename. Remove .txt before trying to gunzip. Any admin able to allow .gz extensions?)

Zaphod
04-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Yeah, technically Ratt can, and has in one of the past versions of the forum software, but apparently he hasn't gotten the fabled round-to-it for this version...

Enjoy,
Zaphod (dohpaZ)

Leetlewon
05-01-2005, 11:50 AM
I think I found the problem. It is discussed here:

grey0 -> grey (http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4429&highlight=map+line)

If I compare entries from overthere.map to a zone that works, such as... provinggrounds.map:

overthere.map
M,line,grey0,0,2632,2707,-100,2631,2638,-10

provinggrounds.map
M,line,grey100,0,-3206,-580,309,-3194,-574,309

You see that the line color is grey0, which apparently is a problem for seq. Easy to fix.

Leetlewon
05-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Indeed the fix above works, but I did also notice I seem to have maps in 3 locations =P

/usr/local/share/showeq
/usr/local/share/showeq/maps
/root/.showeq/maps

While updating maps I seem to have gotten a mix of maps with first letter uppercase and first letter lowercase also. By default it seems to load the lowercase one first. Such a mess....