PDA

View Full Version : Rares

dq2009
05-02-2005, 07:59 AM
Knowing u can read packets have you find out yet if rares spawn in harvest or its some randoom on client side?

Acid1789
05-02-2005, 11:39 AM
This is not possible. This information simply does not exist on the clientside. It probably doesnt even exist on the serverside either.

Loot is most likely generated as soon as you actually completel the loot/harvest command.

dq2009
05-02-2005, 03:39 PM
I dont know and impossible is different things.

purple
05-02-2005, 04:13 PM
How not to get decent information from around here.

Step 1) Insult one of the only people who actually knows enough to answer by calling them ignorant.

Check and check!

high_jeeves
05-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Its good to see that after all these years, the forums havent changed.... still crowds of know-it-all dumbasses with stupid questions. Your question was answered... it was answered correctly... good luck getting other answers around here.

--Jeeves

Acid1789
05-02-2005, 05:14 PM
Wonder if he would bet me? $5,000 dollars? We could set up in escrow somewhere and let SOE be the judge.

BlueAdept
05-02-2005, 05:22 PM
TROLL ALERT! :)

dq2009
05-03-2005, 02:12 AM
No just tired of know it all dummy's who claim something they dont know for sure...
How i get answer, simple just register again... ( if banned no problem proxy comes up), but seems kinda pointless to me anyway no body answers here.

Tor K'tal
05-03-2005, 02:48 AM
Your question is answered, if you are just an idiot who doesn't get it, lets spell it out a little simpler.

You wanted to know if there was a way to tell what rare materials are in the harvest nodes, correct?

It was stated that such data was not client side, and as such there is no way to know. End of dicussion right there. It can't be done.

It was further postulated that the server side isn't even sure of what is in the nodes since, among other things, skill could be used to determine in some way what you get. This would mean that only after a successful harvest would the material returned be determined and then reported to the client. This was just an example reason why the server might not even know. I'm sure there are other reasons that could be pointed out that would mean the server wouldn't know until success.

You are tired of not getting answers? Like I said, your question was answered in a very straight forward way. But you brought the attacks upon yourself by not attempting to understand what was said, and insulted the guy that knows what he is talking about.

But please, feel free to continue to be an idiot. I'm sure there are a few other folks that would like to point out to you that you need to reread what was stated already cause the answers are in there.

~ TK

P.S. I'm saddened by the fact that this guy deserved my first true attack and flame for being dumb. I thought I wouldn't come to that point (cause I enjoy answering questions when I can) but when he threatened to just reregister and keep being stupid around here, I couldn't help myself.

purple
05-03-2005, 06:59 AM
Of course you can just make a new forum user. I don't think anyone is gonna ban you. The problem is that we're not making fun of you because of your forum username. We're making fun of you because you're being idiotic. The problem isn't with your forum user, it's something else that won't change when you make a new forum user.

Acid has a lot of goodwill here because of his work that's not only benefitted the EQ2 community greatly, but it has helped seq as well. If you'd bother looking at the small number of posts in the EQ2 forums here, you'd have realized that. Shitting on him is really stupid of you. Plus he really knows how to handle Ron North's Jewels, as evidence by his championship title.

Freakyuno
05-03-2005, 09:24 AM
If your grammer is any indication of your reading ability, then I would guess the answer is getting lost in the translation.

Figure it out yourself, if your smart enough to claim to know when someone isnt giving you correct information, why are you asking at all?

BlueAdept
05-03-2005, 12:37 PM
No just tired of know it all dummy's who claim something they dont know for sure...
How i get answer, simple just register again... ( if banned no problem proxy comes up), but seems kinda pointless to me anyway no body answers here.

Acid has been around for almost as long as SEQ has been. His endevors with EQ2 are amazing.

From what I have seen, he has given you straight answers to both of your questions (this thread and the one about the encryption). He was a lot nicer than I would have been.

Since he probably knows more about the EQ2 stream than anyone else here and since his answers aren't good enough for you, I suggest you go somewhere else or figure it out yourself.

dq2009
05-11-2005, 01:38 PM
And how you understand thi

It probably doesnt even exist on the serverside either.

Acid1789
05-11-2005, 02:47 PM
It wouldnt make sence to generate loot for everything in a zone as it spawns. Thats a ton of memory wasted unnecessarily. Using this assumption and by observing the way that loot is handed to players, its prety clear that they are probably generating the loot at loot time.

Client - Open Chest
Server - Determine Number of Items in the chest
Server - Determine Items in the chest
Server - Send info to clients who have loot rights
Client - Select which item(s) you want
Server - Randomly determine who gets what
Server - Distribute loot to winners

Client - Harvest Node
Server - Wait for harvest timer to elapse
Server - Random fail chance based on skill
Server - Generate harvest resource
Server - Send harvest info to client
Client - Display the message "you failed to mine the ebon cluster"

Amadeus
09-05-2005, 12:04 AM
I will tell you for a fact that 'rare' data about what's inside a harvest node is not located in the client's memory. The client knows the following practical things about the node:
-Name
-ID
-Location (x,y, and z)
-Heading
...and probably a few other things that are not useful to us as reverse engineers. (ie, mesh type, lighting,etc..)

And, since you now have heard from (most likely) the two people outside of SOE that know the most about EQ2's inner workings, the answer should suffice.