PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ 5.0.0.21 (live compatibility for 5/11/05)

BlueAdept
05-16-2005, 07:49 AM
ShowEQ 5.0.0.21 has been released. This is my first official release, so when it bombs out, it's probably my fault. I don't have access to the news forum, so this is the best you're gonna get!

This works against live servers. Thanks to Doodman, FatherNitwit, and ieatacid for a lot of help with opcodes and struct changes.

Changelog:

purple (05/11/05)
----------------------
+ Updated version to 5.0.0.21
+ Added some session-related opcodes to worldopcodes.xml
+ Fixed opcodes for alt exp and hooked altExpUpdateStruct so alt exp updating
maps properly
+ Made it so OP_ManaChange can be 0 size. Bards have this a lot.
+ Fix problems with guilds numbered higher than 512
+ Added unknown world data to the unknown log
+ Fixed the skills window to properly show skills > 252
+ Show strings in the spawnlist as utf8 properly
+ Valgrind cleanup for some uninitialized references and minor memory leaks
+ All opcodes remapped for 5/11 patch
+ Structs updated for 5/11 patch
+ Added some new pseudo-classes to classes.h
+ Rehooked up stamina changes after removing stamina (only food/drink now)

KNOWN ISSUES

1) Right now there are problems decoding packets that have opcodes which end in 00. This is a net layer issue and I didn't notice it until last night. I didn't want to make a big net layer fix and still release this morning, so this isn't fixed. The only known opcodes that this effects are bazaar search and /deny. Neither of these are a big deal for seq, so I'm releasing anyways.

2) The spawn struct over the wire was completely redone. Not all fields that were previously mapped are known now. The missing fields weren't used in seq, so you should not see any loss of functionality.

3) All positioning packets have been redone with this patch. If you see any weirdness in positioning on your map, please please let me know. This is important and I did my best to make it correct.

Get the new release from the files section at sourceforge. If you prefer, anoncvs should be updated later today depending on how fickle sourceforge is feeling.

To compile and install from the tarball:

$ tar xjvf showeq-5.0.0.21.tar.bz2
$ cd showeq-5.0.0.21
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

If you've been using packages from various asundry distrubtions, I'm sure you will be hooked up with your package soon. Please bring up any problems you find.

Thanks again everyone for your contributions.

purple
05-16-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks, BA.

CeleSEQ
05-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Fedora Core 3 and RHEL 4 rpms are up in my usual location:

http://gibbled.com/seq

To install these on Fedora Core 3 for the first time, download both the maps and the application package, then go to the directory you saved them in and type the command

rpm -ivh showeq-5.0.0.21-1.i386.rpm showeq-maps-1.0-4.noarch.rpm

and the packages will install. As always, you will need to be root to install the packages or run ShowEQ. (If you're downloading a future version, of course the version numbers won't be the same.)

When you need to update, you will usually only need to update the showeq package, the showeq-maps package will rarely change. If you had a previous RPM version installed, just update with

rpm -Fvh showeq-5.0.0.21-1.i386.rpm

If you aren't using Fedora Core 3, but your system does use RPMs, feel free to try and see if these work. Due to differences in the libpcap and qt versions, I also have an RHEL4 version posted since I had a few requests for those. The SRPM will build on RHEL3 and other white box rebuilds if you want to go that route.

Note that I've built it so that it places SEQ under /usr/bin, and the maps and other files in /usr/share/showeq, and documentation is in /usr/share/doc/showeq-<version> but if you're a keener on keeping it in /usr/local it is relocateable.</version>

DancingHitler
05-18-2005, 12:03 AM
Well I keep a bookmark for CeleSEQ's site and so far the links there are for the previous version still.

DancingHitler
05-18-2005, 12:05 AM
LOL 2 minutes after this he got the new links in and updated