PDA

View Full Version : No Circles on Alerts

showeqnewb
02-16-2002, 01:07 AM
Before the 13th update my alerts, cautions, and a few others used to have a flashing circle of different colors. After the patch they changed a few things and SEQ got updated. I am assumeing that was on of the changes, any idea when that might be fixed back?

showeqnewb
02-18-2002, 11:33 AM
Turns out i am an idiot - i finally turned off my SEQ and restarted it and it all works, sorry!

Ratt
02-18-2002, 02:33 PM
I've seen this issue, and I am plagued by it often. After awhile, the visual alerting will just stop working. Once it stops working, you must restart SEQ, zoning won't clear it. However, if you zone before it starts happening, it will keep working.

Given the lack of a stepping tool that works the way I want it to, I haven't been able to debug this efficiently and don't have the time right now to poke and prod at it in the usual method. Got some vacation coming up, so maybe will be able to look at it at that time.

So... yes, it's a known issue :)

Best way I found to duplicate this is go to a zone with a lot of mobs, put a common mob name in the regex box and sit and wait for an hour or five until they stop blinking... It's so intermittent and difficult to reproduce on command that's making it difficult to debug.

daboaz
02-19-2002, 01:30 AM
Actually you don't have to turn ShowEQ off, turning the map1 (or whatever map the mobs are blinkibg) off and turning it back from the map menu will solve that bug.

Hope this help !

fryfrog
02-19-2002, 02:58 AM
i've been having this exact problem, but i never wanted to mention it because i thought i was stupid! i would put something in the "find: " spot, and it just wouldn't work. showeq runs non-stop for days and weeks at a time (depending on when cvs is updated) and i never really nailed it down to being open for a certain amount of time. i spose i just always tried the "find" box after it was open for a while.

i will try the turning off/on the map1 and see how that works next time. thanks :)