PDA

View Full Version : # Hunt Filter

Fluxcapacitor
07-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Recently the hunt filter for "Name:#" changed functionality from filtering named NPCs to filtering all NPCs. Is this by design either by the devs or SoE? If not, is there a workaround other than keying in every named NPC in every zone?

Thanks.

BlueAdept
07-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Recently the hunt filter for "Name:#" changed functionality from filtering named NPCs to filtering all NPCs. Is this by design either by the devs or SoE? If not, is there a workaround other than keying in every named NPC in every zone?

Thanks.

I changed it to allow me to create new filters. I would need to get a ton of spawnlogs to try to create new fitlers. Without them, I had to get the names from different sources and that wouldn't show if the spawn has a # or not. It was changed to allow it to mach if it didn't have a # in front because of this.

If it wasn't changed, we would be stuck with just pop filters since I have not progressed further than that.

The way it should be working is that if the fitler has a # it will only match the #ed ones. If the filter does not have the #, it will match if it does or doesnt.

What zones is this creating a problem and what is the problem with it?

Cryonic
07-18-2005, 09:04 PM
it was actually changed twice

The first caused it to just strip the # from the filter causing what it sounds like you are describing. SEQ 5.0.0.23

The second restored the # search feature (or at least it should have). SEQ 5.0.0.24

IIRC

Fluxcapacitor
07-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Was at 5.0.0.23. Grabbing 5.0.0.25 right now. Sounds like previous functionality has been restored. It's just a quick and dirty way to see many of the named spawns without having to identify them in your filters.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Edit - Bad Me. It's right in the ChangeLog of 5.0.0.24 .....

BlueAdept
07-18-2005, 11:58 PM
My bad. I thought you were talking about filters and not the search. Sorry.

Cryonic
07-19-2005, 12:24 AM
think both got hit by purple's changes, BA. In both directions I hope.

BlueAdept
07-19-2005, 01:05 AM
My changes did break the search. I didn't realize that when I submitted the patch. Purple re-wrote it and fixed the search. As far as I know it works now.

purple
07-19-2005, 06:13 AM
Yeah, latest version fixes this. The search is really just a runtime filter.

If you want pre-done filters that are pretty decent, check out BA's home page. He keeps up filters that are reasonably complete. Some named mobs don't have # and some mobs with # are boring mobs! If you find stuff missing, I'm sure he'd appreciate being told about it too.