PDA

View Full Version : Map Mode Switch ?

sea4th
11-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Is there a global switch in SEQ to allow SOE style maps to be loaded by default? I have been converting SOE maps to SEQ with the menu commands but I am thinking there must be a switch to do this for me. I found lots of information on scripts to convert SOE into the .MAP SEQ style (now built in) but it has to be manually triggered. Maybe I missed it but is there a simple way to do this ?

Guess I am getting lazy ...

purple
11-07-2005, 05:59 PM
No. You need to convert.

LordCrush
11-08-2005, 03:51 AM
Just get the maps you need from mapfiend in the correct format

http://eq.mapfiend.net/

eqhunter
11-20-2005, 06:44 PM
well I could understand why he wants to do them himself.. all of mapfiends seem to be just one layer

Fatal
11-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Actually, we are in the process of splitting every map.

Layer 1 will be your map.
Layer 2 will be your labels.
Layer 3 will be grid lines.

You will be able to submit mob locations, points of interest etc. It should definately be a better process soon.

eqhunter
11-24-2005, 01:03 AM
be nice if you could split the layers of multi level zone

Whizzie Wiz
11-24-2005, 02:08 AM
I'd like to suggest one more thing -- a way to store the default way the map should be displayed, in the map itself -- i.e. enable certain maps to be shown as depth-filtered or faded, and a similar switch for the mobs, along with some default 'head' and 'floor' distances.

For most zones, the default representation is fine, but for others (runnyeye is the one that reminded most recently), unfiltered maps are almost unreadable.

Also, there should be a way of changing the colour that lines are drawn when they are the same as that of the background... black lines from SOE-converted maps are generally invisible on the standard SEQ black background.

purple
11-24-2005, 07:51 AM
be nice if you could split the layers of multi level zone

This is what depth-filtering is for.

Saving map configuration per zone is a good idea. I wouldn't save it in the map though.

There is a way to change colors. It's just a text file. Edit it to your heart's content!

eqhunter
11-24-2005, 11:22 PM
I tried the depth-filtering and you can't do neg numbers.. I was in HP layer maps like EQ would would better

purple
11-25-2005, 08:21 AM
What did you expect to accomplish using negative numbers? Not seeing the floor you were on?

eqhunter
11-25-2005, 07:49 PM
not seeing the floors below me.

purple
11-25-2005, 09:03 PM
You have two settings, head and floor. Floor controls how far below your current position to draw. Head controls how far above your current position to draw. So a given map Z-position must be > floor and < head in order to be drawn.

eqhunter
11-25-2005, 11:34 PM
hmm I probably tried to use it wrong.

Cryonic
11-26-2005, 11:20 AM
probably, eqhunter, since all the various depth filters are height relative to you.

Lowest visible = Your Z minus Floor (hence why floor shouldn't be negative)
Highest visible = Your Z plus Ceiling

Whizzie Wiz
01-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Actually, I can think of a valid use for negative values -- to be able to look at the mobs on only a certain level of a zone, NOT including everything from your height to the mob's height inclusive. For example the maps of Ssra temple are highly detailed with Z-axis information, so you could use it while in the basement to see exactly what mobs are up on the 2nd level up without being confused by the mobs on the entry level.