PDA

View Full Version : Mapfiend Database HD Error

LordCrush
11-08-2005, 03:55 AM
I just found this on the Mapfiend Website ... please help to rebuild the DB

Database Error posted by Mapfiend on Nov 07, 2005, 07:32pm
We sufferend a hard drive failure earlier today and lost a good portion of the maps. The drive has been replaced, but the maps are still gone. If you downloaded any maps recently, please help us rebuild and upload them.
Thanks,
MF

:eek:

BlueAdept
11-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Boy that sucks.

I wish I had downloaded them, but I haven't even been to DoN yet let alone DoDh.

I wish him luck getting things back to the way they were.

tanner
11-08-2005, 08:44 AM
wow, no backup? disk is so cheap these days no raid?

another reason to put the maps into some sort of RCS so other people can have copies.

LordCrush
11-09-2005, 07:18 AM
I have fond an complete allmaps_seq download from october 4th. That is the archive that is created when you download all maps. I think only the maps with the highest rating are included from each zone.

I will upload it today evening.

CeleSEQ
11-14-2005, 01:16 AM
I have an allmaps_soe.zip from Oct 26. If it's needed, pm me or email me for it, as I don't have time to upload all the maps in it one by one.

I've been thinking about the map situation a bit too, and I keep waffling back and forth on whether it should be done under the SEQ project. The fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants part of me says we should just start to update a maps repository and make a big disclaimer that says we started with the maps in our old map tarball on good faith that they had been donated to the project, and that if you created one of these maps and want it removed, post in the forums or something.

On the flip side of that... I think SOE's EULA claims ownership of all content and derivatives, which might include maps representing their zones. I think it would be weak argument, and an entertaining court case, but I'd rather not be the one to fight it...

LordCrush
11-14-2005, 03:24 AM
@Cele you can mail the Archive to mapfind. I did the same.

Mapfiend[AT]eq-toolbox[DOT]com

Fatal
11-14-2005, 04:00 PM
We have almost all of the maps back. We backup the database regularily, its just the actual map files themselves we didn't have backed up.

Should be good to go now. Thanks.

CeleSEQ
11-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Good to hear Fatal :) I'm sure you have lots of offers now, but if you need an off-site location to do backups to (rsync or something), I could figure out something I'm sure.

~CeleSEQ