PDA

View Full Version : Which cpp file?

Return
12-01-2005, 05:30 AM
I was hoping for a little direction on which .ccp file the defining of the "blinking" circles and "line drawing" are in.

In the past I liked to change the code so the circles did not blink and no lines are drwn to the mobs.

I have looked through the filters.cpp and map.cpp type files and showeq.cpp and so far I have not been able to find that section.

Could I get a little direction here. I am not asking "How to do it", I can figure that out. I am only looking for which file to look in.

If I am successful, I will post the changes for anyone else who would like to do the same.

Thanks

purple
12-01-2005, 06:24 AM
Those are all caused by the filters. If you just want to turn them off, then delete or change your filters to be what you really want.

If you actually want to hack on the filter code to make "Alert" mean something different, look at the mapicon.cpp in the MapIcons constructor. It sets up all the icon brushes and pens, highlights, and lines.

But seq is making things blink and have lines drawn because you're asking it to, not for fun. So the best way to "fix" that is to use the proper filter type for what you want the map to do. Personally, I use Alert mostly (bold in spawn list, flashing white circle), but use Locate for things that I know I need to go to (white line from you to spawn), like the chest in Nargilor Pits missions.

Return
12-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Thanks Purple. I only had a short chance to look at the file but that looks like the one.

The reason I want to change this is, I use the indicators a little different than intended. I quad alot in zones that have a high concetration of common mobs or traps. I use the indicators to highlight all the traps and common mobs I want. Left as they are they light up the map as like a Christmas tree and the lines clutter up the screen when I get close to a bunch at one time.

I just want a circle that does not blink and no lines are drwan when I get near them.

Thanks again for the pointer.

purple
12-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Does the Tracer filter do what you want? It looks like it's a non-flashing yellow circle.

Return
12-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Does the Tracer filter do what you want? It looks like it's a non-flashing yellow circle.
I will give it a test when I get home...Thanks

Return
12-01-2005, 03:12 PM
BINGO!! That is exactually what I was looking for.......When I Left EQ and Showeq "tracer" did not exist. Thanks Again very much.