PDA

View Full Version : Plane of Hate

Ataal
02-18-2002, 05:34 PM
I was in a Hate raid last weekend and when I entered the Plane of Hate, as soon as the spawns started showing up, the map shrinks down to 1/10 the size. Anyone else seen this?

S_B_R
02-18-2002, 11:00 PM
Yeah there are threads about it in pretty much every forum.... Even this one now too...

get the newest CVS, if that doesn't fix it go up to the file menu and load some random map, then reload the map for your current zone....

Ataal
02-19-2002, 10:41 AM
Hmmm, I had just recently rebuilt my linux box, so it looks like I have the latest cvs, and I tried the whole reloading of the map...I could get the spawnlist with a shrunken map, OR I could get a normal size map with the "unkown" gray spawn list. Useless either way.....

Oh well, as long as someone knows about it, I was just making sure it wasn't just me.

S_B_R
02-19-2002, 08:41 PM
Um don't shutdown ShowEQ to reload the map. just go up to the file menu and select "Open Map" pick some random map and click "Open". next repeat the process but select the "HatePlane.map" map. after that showeq should eventually decode the packets. or stay with the tiny map until it decodes and then go through the steps above.

Or just use the "Zoom" function to zoom in on you tiny map...

Also you might not have the latest CVS click here (http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/src/?sortby=date#dirlist) and see what has change most recently. if you haven't updated your CVS since any of those changes were made you showEQ isn't up to date...

RSB
02-21-2002, 07:08 PM
The reason it shrinks is because there is a spawn way way out there outside the world and SEQ is just pulling back so you can view at a zoom of 1. Maybe it is Verat just trying to annoy SEQ users....along with the "ShowEQUsersAreLame" spawns in Hate 8P

RSB

S_B_R
02-22-2002, 01:09 AM
Just as an FYI I was in Hate night before last, and my map worked fine... So either Verant changed something again or you Might want to recompile... otherwise I dunno...

Dedpoet
02-22-2002, 08:52 AM
I think it would be cool to have a "Default Zoom Level" setting in the showeq.conf file. I almost never use 1x zoom, and play at 2 or 3x most of the time. I tried doing this myself, but couldn't quite get it due to my non-familiarity with the code. That was the first time I really looked at the source.

Basically what I was trying to do is throw a call to the zoom function in the new zone function after it draws the map. Since the zoom function takes an integer as input, you could put in whatever number you want. I was confused because there is a new zone function as well as a change zone function, and I was unsure of where this call would need to go. My attempts were not successful.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would use this. It's better than having to hit the KVM switch every time I zone to change the zoom, and then toggle back over.

-Dedpoet

Ataal
02-27-2002, 01:49 PM
I didn't shutdown SEQ, I did as you mentioned, file, open map, etc....

I'm not in hate very often, but it would have been nice to tell the monk where to pull from. Some other guild pulled the maestro before we even knew he was up (

We have another hate raid coming up, I'll try it again then I guess.

S_B_R
02-27-2002, 02:34 PM
Well the newest code in the CVS tree is only 5days old so I would seriously suggest that you update and recompile. Make sure you do a make clean first.

Ataal
02-27-2002, 04:08 PM
Will do, I'll post my findings next time I'm up there