PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm Idea!

Prime_Evil
12-20-2001, 03:56 PM
Some are reporting 3 to 8 hour complie times, I have the mandrake 8.1 ISO's and am wondering if i sohuld just Reinstall My entire system to 8.1 or Upgrade to 8.1 I wonder if it would prove quicker. any thoughts on that?
also, is there a list of the packages we need to update to newer versions or is it just Qt, and Gcc

monster69
12-20-2001, 04:43 PM
Dunno a good answer for you but one thing you will like is the Mandrake 8.1 iso's have gcc3 on them. You just have to add them with Software Manager.

Still have to DL QT though.

Prime_Evil
12-20-2001, 05:31 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if It would be best to just Remove the gcc then reinstall it from the 8.1 iso, or Just update it and change everytyhing? I will have it all figured out by the time i get home, I hope.

intous
12-20-2001, 06:54 PM
Downloading the 8.1 iso's now. Let us know how it goes :)

Prime_Evil
12-28-2001, 04:47 PM
I just clean installed 8.1 on another puter, it works great.... somthing about mandrake that i like not sure what it is yet... but I have samples most of the distro's for some reason i just like mandrake. perhaps i like the ease of use, or perhaps I just like the fact they are trying to get a directX 8.0 compatible layer working with transgaming.... or perhaps I'm thinking to much... anyhow... Peace.