PDA

View Full Version : Auras and Zone Spawns

purple
02-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey guys, does someone who has myseq working after this last patch know how Auras show up? Are they normal spawns and follow around their owners? I'm trying to make sense of the wire opcodes used to spawn the auras because it's causing me to redo a bit in seq. I'm just curious why they might have done it this way instead of treating it like any other spawn popping.

Thanks.

Seaxouri
02-25-2006, 08:54 PM
Tell me a place where Auras show up and I can look a little at it.

I just got PoR so I have not seen them yet. There are Spheres of Influence, which are in certain zones, and some wander (this is the info I am looking for).

Auras, from what I understand, are castable SoI.

Also, as far as ground spawns, could you tell me where there are some known ground spawns, what they are called (ie: what text to look for in the process), and what, roughly, the structures look like? We lost groundspawn lists a long time ago, and I spent 2 days trying to figure them out, but I know their names are not what they really are.. I think it was 'a small something'... although I cannot recall. I know that most things, like chests and barrels, all appear now as normal spawns. The only things that do not appear in the spawnlist are things somone drops or can pickup. I would like to get those back into MySEQ Open.

Backspace
02-26-2006, 06:48 AM
There is a new "Aura" window, but seems to simply list the aura that your toon has casted. The actual appears in the "Song" window. At least it does for Aura of the Pious and one of the new enchanter aura's. Forget the name.
Hope this helps a little.

purple
02-26-2006, 06:59 AM
If you stand in PoK, Auras will be around. You can see it in game by floating icons and a bard box buff. I understand all this.

On the network (i.e. what showeq sees), you see a spawn come across, but it isn't using the standard "NewSpawn" network packet (well it is, but with a different opcode - but that's a longer story that if you care about, get on IRC). The auras are called Aura Of the Pious or whatnot, depending on the class and they get movement packets to follow around their master. I'm just curious why they chose not to use the standard "NewSpawn" network packet to pop these mobs. My first guess was they wouldn't be in the spawn list on the client, which is why I came and asked.

So pretty much I'm asking if you can see Aura of the Whatnot in your spawn list in myseq (assuming myseq has a spawnlist of course - I've never used it).

In regards to groundspawns, they come across one at a time while zoning. The wire struct is:

/*
** Drop Item On Ground
** Length: 92 Octets
** OpCode: MakeDropCode
*/
struct makeDropStruct
{
/*0000*/ uint32_t prevObject; // Previous object in the linked list
/*0004*/ uint32_t nextObject; // Next object in the linked list
/*0008*/ uint32_t unknown0008; // ***Placeholder
/*0012*/ uint32_t dropId; // DropID
/*0016*/ uint16_t zoneId; // ZoneID
/*0018*/ uint16_t zoneInstance; // Zone instance id
/*0014*/ uint8_t unknown0014[8]; // ***Placeholder
/*0028*/ float heading; // Heading
/*0032*/ float z; // Z Position
/*0036*/ float x; // X Position
/*0040*/ float y; // Y Position
/*0044*/ char idFile[16]; // ACTOR ID
/*0060*/ uint32_t unknown0060[5]; // ***Placeholder
/*0080*/ uint32_t dropType; // drop type
/*0084*/ uint32_t unknown0084; // ***Placeholder
/*0088*/ uint32_t userSpawnID; // spawn id of the person using
/*0092*/
};

I don't know anything about memory and how these are handled there. When they get picked up, another network op comes across.

dphantom
02-26-2006, 10:01 AM
name: Disciples Aura
lvl 55
Class: Warrior
Race: Invisble man
Visible: visible

purple
02-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Do you know if that spawned while you were in the zone or was there when you zoned in? If you can control it (I don't have an aura yet), can you zone somewhere quiet and summon it and see if it shows then?

Thanks for the help.

dphantom
02-26-2006, 12:07 PM
always spawns the same. When I hit the zone, it is there. if I click it off while active it never leaves the spawn list, but it refreshes on eq screen in less than 2 seconds, so maybe myseq doesnt have a chance for it to "despawn". Waiting for it to fade, then I will take note on recast.

dphantom
02-26-2006, 12:08 PM
ok, zoned into a quiet zone and I do zone in first, then aura

dphantom
02-26-2006, 12:56 PM
sorry, it atakes a long time for this to fade, and it still hasnt faded. Aura acts like a pet from all monitoring of the comes and goings of ppl, cept it never trails, its always on the person's loc. Every other aura I have seen is labeled the same cept the name, all warriors, all invisible men race, all visible. Most Aura's are labeled Aura of xxx, pios, beguiler, etc.

Will post back when/if this thing fades

dphantom
02-26-2006, 02:41 PM
finally it faded. ok, when I cast it, it appears just like a pet, with the characteristics listed above.

sorry I wasnt more helpful, thanks for working on getting seq back in functioning condition

Seaxouri
03-02-2006, 12:07 AM
Yep, Auras seem to appear in the spawnlist like everything else. I have seen a couple different ones, and they are the level of Aura cast (55 or 70). They are tagged like an Invisible Man race, Warrior class, Visible status.

They stick to the owner like glue, at least the one I have seen.

Whizzie Wiz
03-02-2006, 10:25 AM
I guess that they feed back using the owner's last position update as far as the server knows, because they are supposed to be part of the owner, not merely 'attached' to it as the pets are?

It probably explains the greatly increased lag in some zones (PoK most notably) if the 100-150 players are also accompanied by another 50-100 'invisible pets' that generate a lot more movement data than pets do.

Seaxouri
03-02-2006, 02:28 PM
From a MySEQ standpoint, I can tell you that player data that is 'far away' is not updated all the time, unless you can target that player. For example, if I am at the east side of PoK and people move around on the west side, I may not see that correctly until they get close enough to me. NPCs will all be updated, just not PCs.

If I target a player and that player moves to the other end of the zone, then any PCs around me OR my target are all updated.

I would imagine that wire packets would correspond to that as well.

Also, Pok is a bad example zone because it is relatively small. If you went to Wakening lands, you would see what I am talking about. The net of it is that I think you would not see all the Aura traffic unless everyone was gathered in a close knit area. During MGBs, I would expect the network traffic to skyrocket in front of the MB.