PDA

View Full Version : Invis PHs for uber mobs now?

Madfish
02-19-2002, 08:42 AM
Was in Kael and noticed that King Tormax was up according to SEQ, but he was only level 50 and invis. The ranger in our group couldn't track him, but could track everyone else in KT's room.

Are these invis placeholders new since VI implemented the random spawn time modifier to uber mobs last week?

shadowcat
02-19-2002, 08:53 AM
You'll find these invisible mobs up even when the real ones are up. Last time I was around when Tormax was up, both the invis warrior version and the real version were on the map.

I am not sure what these markers are for but they are not PHs.

You'll also find them for mobs like Yelinak. They are only in Velious and Luclin, though.

[edit] Oh, and they have been around for months. It's not something recent. First time I saw one up, I had a druid cast See Invis and try tracking. The mob didn't show up on tracking. And if you'll notice, I'm pretty sure all these invis mobs are warrior class types.

lostpacket
02-19-2002, 10:12 AM
I've noticed that every invis spawn like that shouts a zonewide message - either during a quest, a raid, etc

Morannon
02-19-2002, 10:36 AM
Yeah - they are either used for shouting messages etc, or for giving a spell casting emote.

After killing the rhags in ssra temple we were amused to hear rhag2 casting after its death =)