PDA

View Full Version : playerProfileStruct change?

deathinc
12-20-2001, 05:15 PM
I haven't dug through a raw decoded packet, but judging from the XP value display in SEQ (4.0) did Verant change the format of the EXP values in the packet?

Currently it's showing that I have approximately 3.8BILLION experience points. What's interesting is it looks like a structure problem because the value SEQ displays subtracted from 2^32 is within the range of the amount of XP (raw value) I should have.

CodeWarrior
12-20-2001, 05:23 PM
Phew!

Nice to hear that i'm not the only person with a wackey EXP display...
Feels like a structure problem to me. Lots of displays are affected, like the Expirence window, the spawn list HP collumn and the EXP display. :(

casey
12-20-2001, 05:46 PM
the xp stuff you see after zone in (bottom status bar, exp window, etc) isnt due to bad structs, they just dont send us a raw exp number anymore (except in charprofile once per zone).

what they send now in the exp reward packets is a number between 0 and 330, which is used solely for the clients exp bar to get drawn, it also appears that we no longer get some of the info we used to along with this number, as the exp window doesnt know what died, or level or anything else (need to look at the packets myself to confirm behavior).

After i get a chance to look at some of this stuff, i and fee are going to change the way some of this works with showeq.

but for now, just look at the status bar display for exp, it will say

XX (Y) ZZZZZZZZ

where XX is a number 0-330 indicating exp ( 0 = no exp, 66 = 1 yellow, etc, 330 == full bar), Y is the change in exp for the last kill (0 == not enough exp to move the exp bar, 1 = exp between 1/330 and 1.99/330 of your level, etc) and Z can be ignored because it tries to tell you kills to level, and it uses Y and exp to level, but it uses the raw exp to level and not 330, so its a very very very inflated number (i just got 3 exp, need 1 mil to level)

deathinc
12-20-2001, 05:55 PM
Let me explain what I see and what I found.

I'm a 56 HUM MAG. In raw XP terms I should have about 406M XP points currently (from the HQ table).

In the Stat window IT's currently displaying a Val of 3,9xx,xxx,xxx (3.9Billion) and a max of 59,982,230 for some huge percentage.

In the status bar it's "Exp: 122 (3,888,xxx,xxx) [444,3xx,xxx]"

If you do this: (2^32) - 3,888,xxx,xxx you get a value > 406M -- about where my raw XP value should be judging from my XP bar.

I'm not concerned by the x/330 calcs, yet, just getting the raw display (from zone-in) working properly...

(Mabye I picked the wrong struct to mention - I'll have to look again - I only took a glance)