PDA

View Full Version : Bad visuals on filters when loaded from file?

tanner
06-20-2006, 11:47 PM
If I put a named mob into the Find: text box I get a great white-blinking circle around the mob on the map.

If I load a filter from disk, same mob, I get this vague, dim circle that's really hard to see. I looked to see if I could adjust the color or brightness, but didn't find anything.

Hopefully BA is still here to answer :-)

BlueAdept
06-21-2006, 07:11 AM
The Find is a bright white circle.

The alert colors are hard coded unfortunately.

There are multiple alert sections. Maybe one of them would work better for you. Try changing what you are looking for to one of the other sections. There is hunt, caution, danger, and a few more. I believe hunt is a yellow flashing circle, caution is a yellow triangle, danger is a red flashing and I forget what the rest are right now.

I'll see if I can find the section for the colors later tonight so that if you want to change it, you can. It has been since 4.xx since I looked at it. Back then I had spent some time to revamp the filters, but Zaphod also had worked on the filters and since his changes were better, that is what we ended up with.

Quark
06-21-2006, 11:19 AM
In mapicon.cpp is my guess where you would change

m_mapIcons[tIconTypeFilterFlagAlert]
.setHighlight(QBrush(NoBrush), QPen(),
tIconStyleCircle, tIconSizeLarge,
true, false, false, true);

to something like

m_mapIcons[tIconTypeFilterFlagAlert]
.setHighlight(QBrush(NoBrush), QPen(white, 1, SolidLine, cap, join),
tIconStyleCircle, tIconSizeLarge,
true, false, false, true);

Note: this is just a guess from looking over the code quickly, I havent actually tried it.

purple
06-21-2006, 11:26 AM
It's in mapicon.cpp in the MapIcons constructor.

purple
06-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Hunt appears with a large, dim circle.

Caution appears with a flashing yellow circle on the map and will be underlined in the spawn list. If the spawn gets with 500 ticks, a yellow line will point to it.

Danger appears with a flashing red circle on the map and will be underlined in the spawn list. If the spawn gets with 1000 ticks, a yellow line will point to it. If the spawn gets with 500 ticks, a flashing red line will point to it.

Locate appears with a flashing white circle on the map and are italicized in the spawn list. A solid white line points to it constantly.

Alert appears in bold in the spawn list. Information will be displayed to the console window if configured, and a system beep will be dispatched if configured.

Filtered spawns are ones that you don't care about and don't wish to appear on the map. They will appear grey in the spawn list.

Source for this info (http://seq.cvs.sourceforge.net/seq/showeq/conf/filters.conf.dist?hideattic=0&revision=1.4&view=markup&pathrev=HEAD). I don't know if it is still valid. It's old. I personaly only rarely use any filters.