PDA

View Full Version : SEQ Terminating on despawn

Jord
02-21-2002, 11:20 AM
I have been using ShowEQ for about a week now and have noticed a rather odd bug.

I will describe it and if there is any other information you want I will try and reproduce it to provide all I can.

What seems to happen is a mob will spawn on a trigger, such as the avenger's in Eastern Wastes. When they despawn without being killed ShowEQ with an error message similar to the following (I will try and get an exact capture tonight);

MobXXX removed prior to processing.

I will respond with more detail tonight, just wanted to give you a heads up that maybe this will trigger something for someone.

Jord
02-26-2002, 03:56 PM
I have had this "bug" happen to me now in a couple of zones, always when the same message, can one of you developers please let me know what info you need from the core dumps, etc.

Just let me know what you need and I will get it to you right away.

evilshorty
03-21-2002, 09:49 AM
It dosen't happen to often for me, but when I segfault that is the error I get too.

IgorQ
03-26-2002, 08:13 AM
was standing next to a BL when this happend. Happend to coinside with his spawning of his pet. Happened again when a mage spawned his pet within range of me, and again when i spawned my wizard pet. but I have had occations when the above have been true but no segfault. Seems to happend when pet is already in zone and PC respawns him.. confuses SEQ and causes segfault.

Igor

S_B_R
03-26-2002, 01:45 PM
MobXXX removed prior to processing

I've gotten this error many many times with out a seg fault. If you zone into very busy zones and a mob is killed before SEQ gets a good Key you'll get this message. Also when a group member goes LD, they disappear for a few seconds and reappear as a server controlled version of themselves until they actually timeout. When the server finally times the PC out sometimes you'll get this message and sometimes you'll get an "Unknown" gray dot where they were standing.

I'm not so sure that this error message has anything to do with the Seg faults. I'm more inclined to believe this message was just the last message written to the console before the seg fault.

But then again I'm not a developer... :D

fee
03-26-2002, 06:45 PM
THIS IS NOT AN ERROR!

We know there is a problem. It is being worked on, its just a particularly difficult one to track down. I just wanted to let you all know this. Hopefully we will get it worked out soon.

fee

S_B_R
03-27-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by fee
THIS IS NOT AN ERROR!

fee

that's what I thought ;)