PDA

View Full Version : How do i get # in front of the names?

Hertome
08-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi everyone.

i wonder how i can change the filters, so that some of the named
spawns have a # in front of their names in the spawn list.

I tried:

<oldfilter><regex>Name:\#UBANAMED</regex></oldfilter>

but it doesnt work.

Anyone got an idea?

Thanks in advance.

CeleSEQ
08-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Usually the # is from the server, I didn't think anyone filtered that in. Many of the rare spawns in EQ have their names prefixed with # though.

Hertome
08-19-2006, 01:01 AM
My idea was to put a # in Front of the name, so when i zone in, all named
and npc on my filter list are at the top of the spawn list and i dont have to scroll thru 8)

Thanks anyway, didnt know that it comes from the server.

Cryonic
08-19-2006, 01:30 AM
Not all rares have that. It was added in a later expansion probably to help GMs debug mobs since their name starting with a # would put them at the top of the lists when sorted. The EQ client knows to strip them out, but SEQ shows the information unaltered from the network stream.

purple
08-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Putting all things you care about into a category is exactly what filters do. They don't put things at the top, but they do highlight things and then you can choose the category in the spawn list. So if you want to maintain zone filters, you can classify stuff as named and add them to the Locate filter or the Hunt filter or whatever. Depending on which filter category you use, it will do different things in seq.

All the #s are from the server. Seq does munge some names, but the # isn't one of them.