PDA

View Full Version : Map Zoom

nopass
09-22-2006, 05:21 AM
Hey There,

I dont know if anyone noticed or is it just me. On the 1.19 client the map zoom or "scale" does not seem to work properly. I increase the scale nothing happens, then if I grap the map with the mouse and move it slightly, the map zooms in. Seems to have an issue with following the player and centering also. Not a big deal the 1.17 works just fine but I didn't know if anyone else was having the issue.

nopass

Seaxouri
10-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Yes, this feature seems to only work with a mouse wheel. Using the fields is a pita anyhow, so if you can scrounge up a mouse with a wheel, you will be a lot happier.

Here is an older thread describing the issue.
http://www.showeq.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5526

I've only heard from a few people on this. If someone wants to figure out the fix and let me know I can spin a new release. At the moment I only feel compelled to fix major problems, of course that may change if I get some free time. :)

Also, someone in another post mentioned 'bloat'. I totally agree. I realize that this version is a lot simpler than the other commercial version. But it is the simpleness of it that makes it much easier to maintain. I think that the primary function of the tool should be to show maps and mobs. Everything else is gravy. If the gravy keeps the primary tool from functioning for weeks after a patch...its not worth it imho.

Keep it simple. Keep it running. Keep it free.