Distribution: unstable
Urgency: low
Maintainer: Robert J. Tanner <[email protected]>
Changed-By: Robert J. Tanner <[email protected]>
Description:
showeq-maps - official maps for the ShowEQ packet analyzer for Everquest
Changes:
showeq-maps (3.8) unstable; urgency=low
* anguish.map ashengate.map crescent.map direwind.map drachnidhivea.map drachnidhivec.map dranikcatacombsc.map
dranikhollowsa.map dranikhollowsc.map draniksewersc_1.map dreadspire.map eastKorlach.map eastKorlacha.map
freeportarena.map frostcrypt.map icefall.map illsalinb.map inktuta.map mesa.map moors.map roost.map soldungc.map
steppes.map stonehive.map sunderock.map tacvi.map tutoriala.map tutoriala_1.map tutorialb.map tutorialb_1.map
valdeholm.map vergalid.map westkorlacha.map westkorlachc.map
(Thanks uRit1u2CBBA)
Files:
4a64dd7da60a4a2aa7852b6fdea1da9e 512 non-free/net optional showeq-maps_3.8.dsc
845700f3b278b4445df0d6c985d0d293 5375958 non-free/net optional showeq-maps_3.8.tar.gz
af4ff3d9ac4b83c3d3f60f9a11e1040f 5353898 non-free/net optional showeq-maps_3.8_all.deb

Seaxouri
11-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Where are these uploaded to? I don't see a release on SF.... not since 2004.

I am asking because I wanted to have a set of mapfiend.net maps available for MySEQ users, but I have not heard any response from Fatal yet on permission to do this. I see a recent note on their forums indicating that you, Tanner, maintain a set of current maps that should work with MySEQ, however I am unable to locate said maps.

I wrote a simple script that merges the map layers into one map, so MySEQ can read it easily, but I wanted to see what was already available before I went and did duplicate work.

As a side note, how are newbie users supposed to know where to go to download SEQ? I am sure it is right in front of me, but I cannot seem to find any reference to SF from here. For MySEQ, I put the SF links in my sig and in the stickies so people have a place to go... but I do not see any such thing for SEQ.

Thanks.

Seaxouri
11-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Oh I see an SEQ link in the News section. I guess I thought there would be one in the Help section for new users. Still don't know where the maps are tho.

purple
11-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Basic does debian stuff, so it's all in his debian repository or overlay or whatever phrase debian people use to describe where stuff belongs. So when he says he uploaded something, he means it is in his repository so people who have that in their apt sources can get the new version.

I think because of the way apt works that it is available for ftp as a source tarball too. And if you ask him, I'd imagine he'd let you redistribute the maps he redistributes, but the licensing is way out of whack for those. The lack of consistent and valid licensing for all those maps might make you feel uncomfortable putting them on sourceforge. Or it may not. Who knows! For the most part, the licensing model for maps is to stick your head in the sand.

OgerSEQ
11-15-2006, 10:38 PM
In his repository is a basic tarball of the map files. Use the help links in his signature to find them. Takes a little hunting and I'm feeling too lazy to connect the dots right now!

michael77
11-18-2006, 07:36 PM
ftp://ftp.real-time.com/linux/real-time/pool/non-free/s/showeq-maps/ should give you what you want.

tanner
11-18-2006, 08:10 PM
The maps cannot be put on SF, look on in the legal crap. Because the license is no open/free, it's unknown, probably infringes on Sony, I just put them into my debian repo.

They there isn't a link, like go <a href="">here</a> to get the maps is debian knows where to look when the map repository is part of their apt configurations.

It's kinda like asking where do I get Windows updates? Well, we all know the url, but the newbie just clicks a button.