PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on major changes

Azarkon
06-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi, I just caught wind of major changes on the test server. Apparently the old way of finding offsets no longer works, probably because SoE made some major changes to the EQ UI. Not sure on the accuracy of this report, but it might be worth checking into.

bobster2
06-08-2007, 04:06 PM
what major changes would this be?
are you mixing SEQ(linux - network probe) and MySEQ(windows - memory probe) ?
SEQ is crippled, this we know. MySEQ still going strong.

better bobster

Azarkon
06-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah was talking about MySEQ, since I see people post MySEQ offsets here all the time and the "other" MySEQ forums seem not to be as active (at least those available to the public).

The in-game changes, from what I can tell, is a redesigned interface for AAs and items, as well as potential pre-expansion code changes. Apparently a bunch of things broke in the process, but hopefully those will be resolved before the changes hit live.

As far as the MySEQ issues... I'm no hex editing expert by any means, but it appears that the debugging server can no longer find the offsets in the normal ranges. Looking at it on a hex editor seems to indicate that ascii targets (ie what you use to find the pTarget offset) have been completely removed from primary memory... But this is just a first impression and I'm not experienced enough to say whether it's the problem. Anyhow, just giving you guys a heads up so people could be prepared on patch day :)

Seaxouri
06-08-2007, 10:47 PM
LOL, the 'official' forums.... by that do you mean the Rexxpage forums?

You wound me.

LOL again. I see you edited it. Thats a little better.

Azarkon
06-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Heh I'm not that familiar with what went on behind the split, so you'll have to excuse me ;)

Seaxouri
06-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Read the Introduction sticky in the Help forum. There is a history in there if you so desire to browse it.

Azarkon
06-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Just read it. Interesting stuff... Guess I came to the right forum after all :)

Carpathian
06-11-2007, 04:45 PM
The offsets are more than likely still in memory. However the interface change could have moved them drastically from the memory range they were in before. I'll get on test tonight and check it out.

Carpathian
06-20-2007, 04:45 PM
I took a quick glance at the test server, and I was able to find the offsets on the test server. A few easily noticable changes are apparent, one being that display name is gone again. But thats nothing major, it used to always come eq-style back in the day. Other than that, everything seems completely normal =D.

Seaxouri
06-20-2007, 04:51 PM
display name? wat be dat?

purple
06-20-2007, 06:02 PM
a decaying skeleton vs. a_decaying_skeleton_03

Azarkon
06-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Ooh interesting, thanks Carp :)