PDA

View Full Version : Missing SEQ Feature, or something I havent found yet...

Hendrix_Morton
06-11-2007, 06:25 PM
One thing I miss from SEQ was the ability to enter in a reg ex search parameter and have all the matching skittles on the map highlight...

I haven't been able to find a way to do this in MySeq, so I'm hoping I overlooked something and it can do this highlighting, or request this as a feature in the next release...

>HM<

Seaxouri
06-12-2007, 10:21 PM
I took out some regex stuff from the earlier drops since it was consuming about 1/3 the cpu. It is possible it can be added back in now, since we only do intensive functions on a spawn once it is detected, instead of every rendered frame like we did previously. I'm not a huge fan of adding this feature, only because I don't think it would be used by many folks. I bet 90% of our customers dont even know what regex means.

Hendrix_Morton
06-14-2007, 08:24 AM
I took out some regex stuff from the earlier drops since it was consuming about 1/3 the cpu. It is possible it can be added back in now, since we only do intensive functions on a spawn once it is detected, instead of every rendered frame like we did previously. I'm not a huge fan of adding this feature, only because I don't think it would be used by many folks. I bet 90% of our customers dont even know what regex means.

hmm..If the Regex stuff is that bad off, then how about the mob highlighting on the map that matchs some simple inclusive search then...Just simple pattern matching...

Seaxouri
06-15-2007, 09:18 AM
That should work already in v1.19. In the Lookup field type some text and press Enter, matching spawns should blink.

Regex isnt bad in and of itself. Just the way it was coded in was not very efficient. I use regex for my work stuff all the time.

Hendrix_Morton
06-19-2007, 09:02 AM
When I type something in the text-box, it finds it in the spawn list, but doesn't do anything on the map....

Perhaps a setting or flag controls that feature that I don't have turned on ?

Hendrix_Morton
06-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Ahh..I see...The Lookup Box below the map....That was off my screen, and I didn't see it...

Is there any way to hide or re-arrange the boxes on the bottom of the map (ie, Offset X, Offset Y, Zneg, Zpos...)

Seaxouri
06-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Nope.