PDA

View Full Version : NEWS: MySEQ Open v1.22 Released

Seaxouri
12-12-2007, 02:42 AM
This is a new release that contains both client and server. It has an installer that I just setup today. I hope it goes well.

Post any bugs you find with complete recreate information and/or logs.

Don't get rid of your old client/server just in case.

You can read more about the overhaul in the release notes at SF:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10131&package_id=80983

Happy Hunting!

-Seaxouri

kublaii_khaii
12-13-2007, 09:22 PM
"This is a new release that contains both client and server. It has an installer that I just setup today. I hope it goes well."

Can you clarify some - I'm a little confused by this - does it mean that the client and server are all in one program? Or does it mean it has both, and it runs like it used to (run server on one machine, run the map client on the 2nd)?

Hidron
12-13-2007, 11:46 PM
They are still separate programs, but only 1 download. Both are installed in the same directory which defaults(didn't ask) to C:\Program Files\MYSEQ\v1.22.0
The install also created desktop shortcuts along with shortcuts under Start/Programs/MySEQ for both programs.

You still need to update myseqserver.ini with the 12/12 offsets.

Edit: Just noticed the maps are supposed to autodownload from mapfiend now. I manually added them before trying it out.

Seaxouri
12-14-2007, 08:59 AM
The maps dont autodownload, that is still manual, as are filters. If a map is not found, you will see small red text indicating so.

Offsets need to be updated manually as always, although I might add a link to make opening the file easier.

I don't ask for the install path on purpose. I actually should have had the option of four install scenarios. One asks nothing, the next prompts the GPL, the third adds in path option, the last provides all possible options. I didn't like the last one, it had too many options. I wanted the GPL in there. I chose the third option first, but it did not work, only 1, 2 and 4 worked. So I went with 2. If someone wants to put it on a different drive, they can move it.

Other than that it is still the old client/server format. I just install them all together. Saves me time making an install.

kublaii_khaii
12-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Ok - I understand now tks. I just read that and didn't dawn on me (dense moment) that it was installing both at the same time, to the same directory.

And FYI - like the new interface - very clean. Can't wait until the few issues left with it are ironed out (was an issue mentioned with spawn points).

MacQ
12-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Seaxouri,

I'm shocked and amazed at the amount of work you've done. No wonder this was a year in the making. Reading your notes, it looks like you spent a lot of time removing some of the bloated code that found its way in over the years. I think the mantra for this version should be "fast and compact is king".

Anyway, this is a great early Christmas present. Thank you very much. :D

brianp
12-31-2007, 04:35 AM
What happenned to the little markers that showed up where mobs spawned and told how long until next spawn, what the last spawn was, etc?

Seaxouri
01-04-2008, 02:17 AM
What happenned to the little markers that showed up where mobs spawned and told how long until next spawn, what the last spawn was, etc?From the release notes:

Busted Stuff:

- SpawnPoints are not working very well at the moment, even though the menu option is available. This is the next
thing I want to cleanup.

- SpawnTrails are disabled at the moment. I want to revamp this code, but its not a terribly important feature.

brianp
01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Oh, didn't see that part. Speaking of spawn trails, they always seemed to be extremely inefficient... you'd turn them on and after a while, myseq began updating slower and slower until finally you had to just restart it to get any use out of it.

o___o
02-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Something strange happened with SEQ. I have two monitors, and I used to have SEQ on my left monitor, and played EQ on the right one. But, for some odd reason, I can't get it on my left monitor any longer, and when I try and hit the 'double box' key in the upper right corner to change the window size, so I can drag it over onto my left monitor, it dissppears completely. I can't seem to move it, resize it or in any way get it onto my left monitor any more like I used to.

The one
02-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Hello folks im new here or well i juste myseq a very long time ago, and just now i thought i would try it at agian since it comes in handy some times.. But i installed this version and when i click on the Myseq Icon it just Tells me "Myseq has stop working" not sure if its Vista that dont want to run it or i just missed something in the install.. ? Would appriciate if someone could help me out

Seaxouri
02-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Something strange happened with SEQ. I have two monitors, and I used to have SEQ on my left monitor, and played EQ on the right one. But, for some odd reason, I can't get it on my left monitor any longer, and when I try and hit the 'double box' key in the upper right corner to change the window size, so I can drag it over onto my left monitor, it dissppears completely. I can't seem to move it, resize it or in any way get it onto my left monitor any more like I used to.

Yes try opening the xml file and editing the size/position. change it to like 100,100 for posistion and 400,400 for size.

There is a bug where if you minimize the app and then close it while its minimized, it will reopen in an unviewable state. Its already fixed for the next release. Max window will work.

Seaxouri
02-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Hello folks im new here or well i juste myseq a very long time ago, and just now i thought i would try it at agian since it comes in handy some times.. But i installed this version and when i click on the Myseq Icon it just Tells me "Myseq has stop working" not sure if its Vista that dont want to run it or i just missed something in the install.. ? Would appriciate if someone could help me out

1) Be a little more elaborate on your details.
2) Read the stickies in the help forums for clues on what might be going wrong. Don't just give up and ask for help, or at least indicate that you made even the slightest effort to figure out what the problem is.
3) Make sure you have NET installed.

brianp
02-23-2008, 01:07 PM
There is a bug where if you minimize the app and then close it while its minimized, it will reopen in an unviewable state. Its already fixed for the next release. Max window will work.

I got around this bug by right clicking the name in the taskbar and selecting 'move' (though I might have had to do 'restore' first to un-minimize it). Anyway, after selecting 'move', you can press any arrow key to move the window a few pixels in that direction, which also locks the window to the mouse pointer. So you do right click>move>any arrow key> and then move the mouse around and the window will pop into view. This works for any window lost off the edge of the screen.

kublaii_khaii
02-26-2008, 06:59 PM
The issue with the spawn points, does that effect saving mob data? (It doesn't seem to work; doesn't save respawn times and/or the loc of the mob that has spawned in a particular location - which is useful for tracking named mobs).

Seaxouri
02-28-2008, 12:02 PM
The issue with the spawn points, does that effect saving mob data? (It doesn't seem to work; doesn't save respawn times and/or the loc of the mob that has spawned in a particular location - which is useful for tracking named mobs).

None of that works in v1.22. The only thing that might help you is if you increase the debugging level to like 10. Then I think it prints out every detected spawn and its location in the log file. You will have to wade thru the log file to determine the information for yourself. Also, the information may be in map coordinates or loc coordinates, I forget which. There is a translation between the two, tho. Also, if you aggro a mob that has just popped, and it runs toward you, the 'initial' spot that the tool detects may differ from what is correct, since you made the mob move prematurely. You may also see that the initial spot coordinates are rounded. This is because Sony did a neat thing a long time ago to counter the 'spawn tracking' logic of MySEQ and SEQ. What they do is to simply spawn a mob in an area, not at a point. This area can also include vertical space, which is why sometimes you see a mob 'fall' into position. I have detected 'pops' that were several clicks off the ground. What I do is round down to the nearest 5 or 10 clicks and call that the 'initial position'. That way, if a mob repops at 6,6 or 7,7 or 6,9 or 9,5, I will treat them all as 5,5. This seemed to fix most spawns, but they do another tricky thing that screws everything up.. which is why the feature is not currently working.

gawker
09-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Since Seaxouri is now gone, has anyone done any work out of CVS to improve spawn timers in the newest client. I have been using the older 19.x client but am itching to get the spawn timers working in the newer client.

Does anyone recall what he meant by

but they do another tricky thing that screws everything up.. which is why the feature is not currently working.

Is it that they randomly change the interval between spawns? I have noticed that in some zones on the old client. I suppose it will become appaernt when I start digging through the code.

Anyways, I thought this would be a good way to get some rust out of my coding skills since I get to start with pretty much completed code. :)

Seaxouri
09-18-2008, 04:01 PM
The tricky thing they did was that before, each spawn was married to a pointer value in memory. The way the spawnlist code worked was that we created a hash value based on the pointer value and kept track of the spawn as it was created, killed (corpsed) and ultimately destroyed.

Around 2 years ago they made it so the pointer was not married to the spawn. So the pointer to the structure would change periodically (you would see this as the zone stuttering in game). When that happened, the entire spawnlist in memory got new pointers, and all the old hashes were invalid.. we basically lost track of what was what.

The old client kept reading every spawn everytime, which is why it was very slow and bogged down older machines... but it would work.

I forget the details, but I think to workaround this, I periodically wiped the list and regot it. But it messed up keeping track of spawn timers.

For spawn timers, the early zones would always drop the new characters in the same x,y,z location. They got wise to that and decided to drop mobs in a random sized 'box' around a point in x,y,z space. This is why in a lot of newer zones, the old client won't track spawn timers properly. I wrote a bunch of code that created hashes based on a box around a point and the name of the mob. There were some mobs that were so close together this messed with the formula. In addition they changed the name of the mob, so it was hard to determine if a pop was a nearby mob repopping or the previously killed mob repopping. On top of THAT they changed the time durations for some mobs. In the early game, they were fixed, so you could guess exactly when a mob would pop. With the box-drop, the name change, the proximity and the repop time change, it was very, very hard to predict spawn times.

I never did get enough interest back to get it working again. Besides, I spent too much time working on getting other stuff working when the new releases came out.

Seaxouri
09-18-2008, 04:03 PM
On top of that they had 'blinking' spawns. These were spawns that would appear and disappear every few seconds, although you could not see them in game. These wreaked with the spawn timers too.

Carpathian
09-19-2008, 01:37 AM
I'd be curious if the SpawnID value changes with they do this "refresh."

Seaxouri
09-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Part of the problem was that I could not locate the spawnid for a long time (still cant), and I used the pointer to the struct as the spawnid.

Carpathian
09-29-2008, 11:22 AM
The current offset for SpawnID is correct. If someone with CVS access can (and wants to), simply change Spawn.cpp->packNetBufferRaw() from:

//tempNetBuffer.id = extractRawDWord(OT_id);
tempNetBuffer.id = _this;

to:

tempNetBuffer.id = extractRawDWord(OT_id);
//tempNetBuffer.id = _this;

Razzle
10-29-2008, 08:55 PM
The current offset for SpawnID is correct. If someone with CVS access can (and wants to), simply change Spawn.cpp->packNetBufferRaw() from:

//tempNetBuffer.id = extractRawDWord(OT_id);
tempNetBuffer.id = _this;

to:

tempNetBuffer.id = extractRawDWord(OT_id);
//tempNetBuffer.id = _this;

These changes worked for me using the 1.19.2 client with the 1.22 server. I hadn't used myseq in years and was just playing with it some. I needed something to buff up on my programming skills with.

I went back to using the 1.19.2 client, and it worked fine with the v1.22 server. I found the new client just had too many visual effects. Less flash, more plain skittles for me ... thanks.

Razzle