PDA

View Full Version : MySEQ v1.22 Bugs

12-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Version 1.22 looks very cool. I love the saved spawn timers and the new skittles. I found a couple bugs though when playing around with it.

When you have you have "Thin List" active it still displays the columns in the list and clicking on them causes a crash.
Many maps will not load all of their information. I seems to get to a line it doesn't like and stops loading the map.
Not really a bug but, there is no way to change the default map directory and some other options in the client UI.

Syn
12-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Not really a bug but, there is no way to change the default map directory and some other options in the client UI.For this one, you can edit your "prefs.xml" file and change the <mapDir id="ref-10"></mapDir> tag to contain the path to your true map directory as a workaround.

Seaxouri
12-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Please tell me a map that fails to load. I have never seen this and I've been using that code for 9 months.

Ill look into the Column click. I know I disabled some code there a long time ago and never fixed it.

Im not sure why someone would want to change the map folder. Is it because you want to point to the EQ map folder? I don't agree with having options for the sake of having options. I like a good reason behind having an option.

Syn
12-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Personally, I do point MySEQ to EQ's map folder. It's one less folder to maintain.

kublaii_khaii
12-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Same here - easier to maintain 1 folder. Small issue anyhow because you can edit it through the XML file - so it's moot.

Seaxouri
12-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Its easy to add back in. I will do it. That is plenty reason to have the maps folder configurable to me. The other folders tho, are not.

MacQ
12-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Twice I managed to get MySEQ to crash when turning on/off Thin List. Sorry but I have not found a pattern yet.

I personally don't mind editing the XML file to change things like the maps directory. I can't disagree it would certainly be more elegant to have a configuration setting, but I'm a bit old school and like restricting user options. Once on a rare occasion I yearn for the days of over controlling IT departments where everyone had a dumb terminal connected to the central mini/mainframe. Those were the days of simpler system administration ... users were kept under the thumb of the IT department. Today every joker in the workplace thinks they are an IT expert and wants control over their PC and application. Oh well...it's progress I guess. :rolleyes:

Hidron
12-17-2007, 10:04 PM
I had the same crash with the thin list. Turned it off, then back on causing a crash the 1st day I was playing with it (Options > Spawn List Settings > Display Only Thin List). Since restarting the computer that day I have been unable to recreate the crash. The following information is from the log file created by the program.

[1] 12/12/2007 13:45:32.64 - ERROR: FormMain: Invalid positions.xml - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MySEQ\v1.22.0\positions.xml'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
at Crownwood.Magic.Docking.DockingManager.LoadConfigF romFile(String filename)
at MySEQ.FormMain..ctor()

kublaii_khaii
12-19-2007, 02:11 AM
I'm noticing that if you either:

1.) Tab in an out a lot

or

2.) Have EQ in windowed mode

and have MySEQ running in the background, it will eventually crash. However - I'm wondering if it's because the system that I run it on is a AMD dual core Windows Vista based laptop. The previous version didn't have anywhere near as many crashes - just an occasional hickup where it'd lock up - I'd have to close out of it, and restart it - and it'd work fine for say 4 or 5 hours where it'd happen again.

Another thing I'm noting is that if I have to zone a lot, (like if I aggro and have to zone out to clear it; and then accidently spin around in the wrong direction and zone back out again) what ends up happening is the section where the map should be just shows as a black box. I have to close the program out, and then restart it to get it to work right.

Other than that - works beautifully - color cons etc are working great! I'll continue to report issues as I find them.

Please note that I have 5 different log files where I've encountered this issue; I can either email them or post them here to be reviewed - just let me know which you prefer. Also - if it'd help - I can give you system specs for review as well.

Seaxouri
12-19-2007, 05:41 PM
There is one intermittent crash that I see that should be fixed in the next release. It only seems to happen on really busy systems.

You can cut/paste any errors you see in the log file, or just snapshot the error if you see it popup on the screen.

Most errors you see in the logfile are okay. Like the missing xml file. Those were caught and handled properly, which is the way I want it. The errors that result in popups are the bad ones that were not handled and those I am interested in.

Usually a disconnect and reconnect should fix any map problems. The map is only loaded when a zonename change is detected, and its actually on the server side, so if there is a messup and the client misses the zonename change, the map will not be loaded. There is currently no way for the client to force the server to resend the zone information. I came across this a little late in the game, and it requires a fix to the server to correct. The workaround is very simple, just disconnect/reconnect. Once you disconnect, the server resets and will send new zoneinfo once reconnected.

Seaxouri
12-19-2007, 07:11 PM
[1] 12/12/2007 13:45:32.64 - ERROR: FormMain: Invalid positions.xml - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MySEQ\v1.22.0\positions.xml'.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
This is a handled error and should never cause a crash. I should change it to a warning. Everyone gets this on a fresh install.

kublaii_khaii
12-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Log file 1:

[1] 12/13/2007 23:36:47.34 - ERROR: FormMain: Invalid positions.xml - Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\MySEQ\v1.22.0\positions.xml'.

kublaii_khaii
12-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Log File 3:

[1] 12/16/2007 16:55:38.84 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Overflow error.
at System.Drawing.Graphics.CheckErrorStatus(Int32 status)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawEllipse(Pen pen, Single x, Single y, Single width, Single height)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawEllipse(Pen pen, RectangleF rect)
at MySEQ.Skittle.DrawHollowCircle(Graphics g, Pen pen, SpawnInfo si)
at MySEQ.Spawns.Draw(Graphics g, Point mouseMapPoint, MapControls mc)
at MySEQ.EQMap.DrawToBuffer(Graphics g)
[1] 12/16/2007 16:55:38.94 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Overflow error.
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawEllipse(Pen pen, Single x, Single y, Single width, Single height)
[1] 12/16/2007 16:55:39.06 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Overflow error.
[1] 12/16/2007 22:25:03.08 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSi mple.MoveNext()

kublaii_khaii
12-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Log File 4:

[1] 12/17/2007 19:38:50.91 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
[1] 12/17/2007 21:56:56.90 - ERROR: ProcessPacket:Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at MySEQ.Structures.SpawnInfo.DetermineNamedStatus()
at MySEQ.Structures.SpawnInfo.ExtractInfoFromPacket(B yte[] b, Int32 offset)
at MySEQ.EQCommunications.ProcessPacket(Byte[] packet, Int32 bytest

kublaii_khaii
12-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Log File 5:

[1] 12/18/2007 12:40:23.17 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods.Gdip.GdipDrawLine I(HandleRef graphics, HandleRef pen, Int32 x1, Int32 y1, Int32 x2, Int32 y2)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawLine(Pen pen, Int32 x1, Int32 y1, Int32 x2, Int32 y2)
[1] 12/18/2007 12:40:23.46 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Object is currently in use elsewhere.
at System.Drawing.Graphics.ResetTransform()
[1] 12/18/2007 12:40:23.53 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Object is currently in use elsewhere.
[1] 12/18/2007 12:40:23.64 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Object is currently in use elsewhere.
[1] 12/18/2007 12:40:23.75 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Object is currently in use elsewhere.

Continues on (had to delete some of it because it's too long to post, but it's all the same - just different time stamps):

[1] 12/18/2007 12:40:26.70 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Object is currently in use elsewhere.

kublaii_khaii
12-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Log File 2:

[1] 12/15/2007 08:27:48.26 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at System.Drawing.SafeNativeMethods.Gdip.GdipDrawLine I(HandleRef graphics, HandleRef pen, Int32 x1, Int32 y1, Int32 x2, Int32 y2)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawLine(Pen pen, Int32 x1, Int32 y1, Int32 x2, Int32 y2)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawLine(Pen pen, Point pt1, Point pt2)
[1] 12/15/2007 08:27:48.29 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Object is currently in use elsewhere.
[1] 12/15/2007 08:27:48.37 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Object is currently in use elsewhere.

Same thing - repeats over and over - deleted out quite a bit to be able to post it:

[1] 12/15/2007 09:18:59.14 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Object is currently in use elsewhere.
[1] 12/15/2007 18:08:24.04 - ERROR: EQMap::DrawToBuffer()Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

On this particular error, I distinctly remember there being a pop up window stating that there was some sort of an issue with Netframe; simple close and restart fixed this issue.

Seaxouri
12-20-2007, 02:29 AM
All those EQMap::DrawToBuffer() messages are handled. I will probably take the messages out of the log since they bloat it. A lot of that can happen if EQ shuts down or there is a network hiccup, or lots of reasons which are usualy very temporary.

None of these should have crashed the app though. When it crashes it should log 'Uncaught in Exception in Main' and display a popup. Those are the ones I really worry about.

kublaii_khaii
12-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Ok - will keep a look out for those and will report accordingly. It didn't really crash per se - what it kept doing is a window would keep popping up where I had to press continue to get it to update any of the skittle locations on the map. All I had to do each time was simply close it out and restart and the issue would resolve.

Seaxouri
12-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Ok - will keep a look out for those and will report accordingly. It didn't really crash per se - what it kept doing is a window would keep popping up where I had to press continue to get it to update any of the skittle locations on the map. All I had to do each time was simply close it out and restart and the issue would resolve.
The information in that popup window is exactly what I am interested in. There should be a 'click for more details' button.

When an error is 'handled', there is no popup. When one is not handled, there is a popup. Any and all popups I would like to know about. Thanks.

kublaii_khaii
12-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Ah - ok - I understand now. My assumption is that it would automatically dump that information to the logs - and it apparently isn't. I have had numerous "unhandled errors". Now that I know what you're looking for - I will be able to provide the info.

benjimouse
12-25-2007, 01:30 PM
When setting the map color to black, the old client would draw the map lines in white. The new client does not, even though "Force black lines" is not set.

Seaxouri
12-25-2007, 03:34 PM
When setting the map color to black, the old client would draw the map lines in white. The new client does not, even though "Force black lines" is not set.I might add a Force White Lines option for those who prefer dark backgrounds.

kunark
01-15-2008, 01:52 AM
White lines would be great ( i like a darker map easier to see grey/lb cons etc )

Only problem i had was when i started it worked, shut it down, restarted later and wouldnt find any server ( i 2/3 box on 2/3 diff machines have client on a 4th machine ) and usally have it tied to a toon that is less likely to die ( for spawn timer reasons ).

But anyway when it did this the main machine i have it linked to i first shut down server and restarted ( no good still couldnt find it ), then i rebooted that machine and it has found it and has been working sense.

Sax btw I love it, its way faster then old ( to me anyway ) new skittles rock!!

Wish we could rightclick a spawn and add to alert list ( but i understand your reasoning ) can still wish and hope lol.
and cant wait for spawn timers ( i use old for timers still when camping a mob ).

Far as map option goes I copy maps into myseq so no biggy on option for folder. I have set in game with all lables and edit the map in myseq to remove lables dont need or want like merchants etc. so it shows less cluttler then in game if i do need to see them all ( CR is great exp ).

Ok im rambling its 250am been up sense 4am lol.

Keep up the great work.

bobster
01-15-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure what was done, but I don't get the respawn indicators anymore...

[3] 01.01.2008 16:31:41.06 - DEBUG: SpawnTimer.SpawnDied: [-764/100/128] a_loping_plains_grizzly05 at 01.01.2008 16:31:41
[2] 01.01.2008 16:31:45.97 - WARNING: SpawnTimer.SpawnDied: Failed to locate timer for a_loping_plains_grizzly's_corp (328673976)

Also, and I feel like a broken record.. When I first got the 1.22, map's weren't coming up at all, so, had to fetch the source, add in the Numformat bit I mentioned in a previous thread. (to force EN-US reading, for my non-us OS)
other than that, Great work !

Bobster

kunark
01-16-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure what was done, but I don't get the respawn indicators anymore...

Bobster

Seax posted in a different thread the answer to the spawn points:

Re: NEWS: MySEQ Open v1.22 Released
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp
What happenned to the little markers that showed up where mobs spawned and told how long until next spawn, what the last spawn was, etc?

From the release notes:
Quote:
Busted Stuff:

- SpawnPoints are not working very well at the moment, even though the menu option is available. This is the next
thing I want to cleanup.

- SpawnTrails are disabled at the moment. I want to revamp this code, but its not a terribly important feature.

__

kublaii_khaii
01-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Typically what's been happening is that I get unhandled exceptions, it locks up so can't copy and paste here. However - finally managed to have one happen that I could - here it is:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: BufferedGraphicsContext cannot be disposed of because a buffer operation is currently in progress.
at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.Dispose(Boo lean disposing)
at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.Dispose()
at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.AllocBuffer InTempManager(Graphics targetGraphics, IntPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)
at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.AllocBuffer (Graphics targetGraphics, IntPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)
at System.Drawing.BufferedGraphicsContext.Allocate(In tPtr targetDC, Rectangle targetRectangle)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.312 (rtmLHS.050727-3100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
myseq
Assembly Version: 1.22.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.22.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/MySEQ/v1.22.0/myseq.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MagicLibrary
Assembly Version: 1.7.4.0
Win32 Version: 1.7.4.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/MySEQ/v1.22.0/MagicLibrary.DLL
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Soap.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
SpeechLib
Assembly Version: 5.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 5.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/MySEQ/v1.22.0/SpeechLib.DLL
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Seaxouri
01-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Okay,

So far I have updated:
- Put a catch block around the Dispose() call. That should help clean up the last post.
- Took the Log Message from EQMapDrawToBuffer out to reduced bloat.
- ForceBlack lines no longer requires map reload. Also, will set to white if background is too dark.
- Fixed bug with ThinList clicking columns.
- Cannot recreate the problem where we 'stop loading a bad map file'. I need an example. There is lots of code to get around this, so I need a recreate on this.
- Added Map Folder Path selector to Options again
- Added in the nonUS user fix from Bobster. Sorry, can't really test it because I all I have is US versions of Windows.
- Removed some clickonce stuff. Not sure if I got it all. Should be good.
- Updated version to 1.22.1 and year to 2008.

Still Need to:
-Fix Respawn List
-Fix Pet determination method
-Fix SpawnTrails
-I noticed that if I spend a long time in a zone and evac a lot, the skittle types get all messed up and I need to press F2 to reset. Still working that bug. If anyone knows of a solid recreate, please advise.

What else?

Blowme
01-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Is the new version available for download now?

o___o
01-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Any way to zoom in on the map?

EDIT: My keyboard has a 'Zoom' Feature, never used it, but now it has a purpose! Thanks for a great program btw.

Seaxouri
01-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Any way to zoom in on the map?

EDIT: My keyboard has a 'Zoom' Feature, never used it, but now it has a purpose! Thanks for a great program btw.

You can read the release notes for more details. It uses a wheelmouse for zooms.

Seaxouri
01-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Is the new version available for download now?

Not yet, sorry. I want to fix the bugs and add in the missing features for the next release. I wanted a January release but it might be more like Feb. I am working on a couple other projects at the moment.