PDA

View Full Version : New Luclin zone filters

BlueAdept
02-26-2002, 12:40 PM
I have updated my page and now have a bunch of new Luclin filters and zone specific filters.

http://www.seqstuff.cjb.net or
http://www27.brinkster.com/blueadept/

Currently this web site is the only one that is updated. I should have the other 2 mirrors updated later today or tomorrow.

Cable
02-26-2002, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the credit bud!

When I get more time Ill update more...

BlueAdept
02-26-2002, 04:55 PM
All mirrors updated. I also added the list of mirrors on each page.

NP Cable. Your the one who took the time to get me the list of spawns. Converting it over didnt take that long.

Cable
02-26-2002, 04:56 PM
Did you add them into those lists? I forgot to check...

BlueAdept
02-27-2002, 02:17 AM
I only put the one mob for twilight. I didnt do any of the armor quest ones.

fryfrog
02-27-2002, 04:54 AM
if you want to add a couple to scarlet, here are some i already had...

Name:tro jeg firekeeper
Name:tro jeg etcher
Name:glorious sunflower
Name:bloodtribe gem collector

the first guy is not one of the twilight creatures, rather he dropped a VERY nice bp for me once when i killed him. it was (and i'm just pulling this out of my ass righ tnow) 20ac 20svf and 5-6wis. not only is it good ac, its nice fire resist gear AND has wis :) it replaced my druids nature something or other (well, my gf's druid).

the other three are for twilight stuff, sunflower is for bard bp i think not sure on other two.

Prime_Evil
02-27-2002, 01:36 PM
I got your zone filters and I was wondering
What do you need to do to load the indivudule filters instead of the filters.conf.
I know there is one place in the showeq.conf for the name of the filters file. My shoeq is not loading the indivudule zone specific filters file... is there a setting i don't know about?

gore
02-27-2002, 02:08 PM
Very nice, thanks for making these available! Saves a good chunk of time.

I wonder if anybody has considered including these in the CVS?

-gore

Just_A_Nut
02-27-2002, 02:58 PM
Hey Blue, just looking through all the filters and wanted to say thanks, but also wanted to let you know that in your oldworld filters, under the [Locate] section, you have this in every one of them:
Name:Quillimane

Notice the extra i in there. Should be Quillmane, not Quillimane.
Also, since Quillmane and Grizzleknot only spawn in SK, wondered why you had it in every zone filter file? Same with filtering the orc pawn out. /shrug

You do have Quillmane spelled right in the alerts section of the SK filter though.

Just something I had noticed, not trying to detract from your work here, as it is much appreciated.

Laterz,
Just_A_Nut

Cable
02-27-2002, 03:58 PM
are like me and don't know how to load these? Is there a spot for telling us how to do it... ?

Thanks to you Blue for all your work!

BlueAdept
03-03-2002, 04:32 PM
Hurray the board is working again!

Hehe...it was a boon for my site because it kept this post at the top and got more people to visit!

Now I forgot what I was going to say from several days ago! :)

There are a couple things you need to check to get the zone specific filters to work.

1. Make sure that filters.conf is NOT in the /usr/local/share/showeq dir.

2. Make sure that all the zone filters are in lower case. They will not work if any of them have upper case letters.

3. Make sure that all the zone filters are owned by root. Hint: chown root *.conf and chgrp root *.conf Im not sure if it affects anything, but it is good practice.

4. You do not need to change anything in the showeq.conf file.

If you still think that it isnt loading the correct zone filter, go into the game, go into a zone and then from the SEQ menu edit the filter file. It should bring up the current zone file and not filters.conf.

-------------------------------------------------

On Tuesday, Ill be doing some updates to the filters. The current maidens eye filter file loads up too many spawns. Going to make it for rarer spawns. Also got another list of spawns that Im going to be adding to several zones. (Thanks again Cable).

KSti
03-03-2002, 05:40 PM
All of the current filters still contain the examples in the original filters.conf.dist file

That includes hunting lvl 26-29 burynai, critters with lightstones, the mispelled quillmane, etc.

Cable
03-03-2002, 05:42 PM
Give us some time bro we have both been sick :) If you would like you could update that one and send it to Blue so he can post it...

fryfrog
03-04-2002, 07:29 AM
i don't suppose there is ANY chance that by just including my own out of my ass [section] that it will show up as another collapsable menu in seq?

i am adding the twilight armour quest mobs to my filters_zone.conf files and... there are a fuckload of them. i'd love to be able to stick them under a seperate group. also, it would be groovey if there would be some way to make it read the #Comment right above the Name:mobname and perhaps include this in the info when you hover over the mob. thanks :)

BlueAdept
03-04-2002, 08:29 AM
I believe you can add your own sections, but it wont alert you. Your spawns will be listed there though. Only under the alert section will it notify you of a spawn.

As for the default spawns, your right. I took the default file and left it the way it was on the old world filters. The luclin ones I removed all that (I think). I will update all the filters on Tuesday. The update should be on the page Tues. night.

Man I hate colds...I havent seen 11pm for the last several nights. I hope the hell I get over this one soon. My weekend starts tonight and I want to get some things done.

RavenCT
03-04-2002, 01:15 PM

2. Make sure that all the zone filters are in lower case. They will not work if any of them have upper case letters.

Good information! I've always tried it with the filters.conf file there as well.... It never occured to move it!

Doh!

Ratt
03-04-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by BlueAdept

If you need to do this, there is something wrong with your config somehow ... on a default install of ShowEQ, I have filters.conf and filters_zonename.conf running concurrently, the filters_zonename.conf loads in the appropriate zones and the filters.conf loads in the ones that don't have a zone specific.

fryfrog
03-04-2002, 03:30 PM
ratt, could you point me in the right direction of perhaps adding my own "section" like [twilight] to the filters.conf (and filters_zonename.conf) file? i tried looking at some of the source (with grep) but have not the slightest clue of what to actually search for. i'd love a filename and approx location where i can look to learn some of the way the filters are displayed on the map so i can play around with it.

BlueAdept
03-04-2002, 03:37 PM
I thought that having the filters.conf was one of the problems I had in the begining.Maybe it was that it was just the uppercase letters that was messing the zone filters up. I know I tried a few things to get it to work, but I thought removing the filters.conf needed to be done.

Got a question Ratt. If I have both the filters.conf and say crushbone.conf but only have the alert section in the crushbone.conf, will it read the filters.conf to get, say, the [hunt] ones or does it all have to be in the zone filter?

Ratt
03-04-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by fryfrog
ratt, could you point me in the right direction of perhaps adding my own "section" like [twilight] to the filters.conf (and filters_zonename.conf) file? i tried looking at some of the source (with grep) but have not the slightest clue of what to actually search for. i'd love a filename and approx location where i can look to learn some of the way the filters are displayed on the map so i can play around with it.

Not sure I follow what you are saying...

Most of the filter stuff is in filtermgr.cpp

I wouldn't reccomend adding your own sections like [twilight] to the current system, as it's already slow enough as it is... Overburdening the filter system with extra 'sections' will only lead to a heavier cpu load.

The whole filter system needs to be revamped, really... basically, importing the SINS system would be a good first step.

fryfrog
03-04-2002, 11:39 PM
ahhh, well then perhaps i won't even bother :)

personally, i'd like a few kindof changes to the filter system as there are some things i don't like :)

i absolutly hate the lines that get drawn for hunt, caution and danger mobs (hunt being my least favorite).

i think if it would help, you could probably merge [caution] and [danger] into one section, as they are virtually identical. i can't think of many mobs that i would consider "dangerous" vs. "caution". pretty much any mob i would avoid, i would REALLY avoid :)

i would also like it if the mobs in [Alert] were enhanced in some way. i know the flashing white circle around mob is already taken (for hunt, and map find i think?) but some other way of making it aparant would be spiffy. i can't actually think of what would be best, but maybe a circle of some color that shows up against a black background... if you merged caution and danger, danger could be red and alert could be yellow ;)

Mr Guy
03-05-2002, 07:31 AM
I think your best shot is probably adding your own series of catagories in showeq.conf

On a side note, there is ALOT we should be swiping from SINS!

BlueAdept
03-05-2002, 08:27 AM
Updates to my site will probably be delayed. I severly cut my finger with a knife yesterday. Having to type one handed right now.

In a couple days after Im allowed to get rid of the big bandage, I should be back in action and get the site updated.

Not having a good week...first my cold, which I still have, and now I almost cut my finger off. It could be worse, it could be raining. :)

RavenCT
03-06-2002, 10:33 AM
It could be worse, I once (when I was in high school) accidently (like I would have done it on purpose) hit the blades of a table saw with two of my fingers (lengthwise, not across) and ended up with 13 stiches (yea, nice number for that) and some nice scars... they work fine, just look a little nasty still after 17 years later...

SeqTester
03-06-2002, 10:52 AM
Ouch... I hope your Bind Wound skill is up there.

sorry, I am kinda a smartass.

RavenCT
03-06-2002, 01:56 PM
He he he, I got at least several points on my bind wound that afternoon :)

SeqTester
03-06-2002, 02:04 PM
I personally like SuperGLue, Bonds instantly to skin.

Actually on a side note Superglue was made to replace stitches but the FDA was taking soo long to aprove it they made it into Glue. I hear it was just aproved and is now a product called "NewSkin" or something simallar.

MORE USELESS INFO FROM ST. :D

BlueAdept
03-07-2002, 08:57 AM
Doing better. Ill try to at least get rid of the default alerts tonight (after I get home from work).

Now that I have the big bandage off, I can type a lot better. Bottom row keys are still a bit of trouble.

You have gotten better at bind wound (200).

As for superglue your right. Originally it was designed for sutureless operations. It is used in some circumstances. My sister had an operation not too long ago where they used superglue to close the incision.

I personally find that it works best for gluing your fingers together.

shadowcat
03-07-2002, 12:41 PM
I find it very good for gluing very small objects to my fingers then my fingers to the larger project.

MeTh_HeD
03-10-2002, 09:06 AM
Blue, just wanted to say thanks for these filters. They rock and saved me a ton of time as I just reinstalled Mandrake and forgot to save my filters. :)

Thanks a ton.

MeTh

MeTh_HeD
03-10-2002, 09:10 AM
Just to add, my installs are just like Ratt mentioned. I have filters.conf and the zone specifics in /usr/local/share/showeq/ and they load fine.

MeTh

BlueAdept
03-10-2002, 03:19 PM
Ratt is correct. You can have the filters.conf and the zone filters in the same directory and it will default to the zone filters.

Anyway, I do have another list of spawns (Luclin) to be added. Another thanks to Cable. I should have them done on Tuesday some time.

Whoot...probably going to have 1000 people hit my site by tonight (since I put the counter up).

Cable
03-10-2002, 08:33 PM
No problem Blue your the man for hosting it up :)

Need to add to Skyfire Filter list:

Black Scar
Fairie of Dismay
Nightfire Drake
Gaurdian of Felia

Coolio!