PDA

View Full Version : Request for developers - WINEQ is not EQW

Mr Guy
03-06-2002, 12:48 PM
https://sourceforge.net/projects/wineq/

I'm looking for developers to help create a GPL'd version of EQW. Anyone that knows what they are doing and would like to help, please come. Anyone that is clueless and would like to learn, you too.

RavenCT
03-06-2002, 02:48 PM
Yup, edit this message for my stupidity...

Mr Guy
03-06-2002, 03:19 PM
Ahem. EQW. Not SEQ

EQW is the FREELY distributed, FREELY available, CLOSED SOURCE program that allows EverQuest to run in a window. The developer and owner of the original code no longer plays EQ, but graciously updated to DirectX 8.1 at the Luclin switch. However, it's now very buggy.

Take a breath.

high_jeeves
03-06-2002, 03:48 PM
RavenCT:

Take foot, place in mouth. Reading is our friend.

--Jeeves

S_B_R
03-06-2002, 04:20 PM
D'OH

fryfrog
03-07-2002, 05:43 AM
hehe, i think a open source version of eqw would be great :)

but PLEASE, don't forget to include some pre-compiled binaries to download, cause i don't have a compiler for windows!

EQDoze
03-07-2002, 08:32 AM
Last I checked this board was for ShowEQ. That aside, since this thread was already hijacked, GCC is available for Windows.

So, there is your compiler, get to work.

RavenCT
03-07-2002, 09:38 AM
Whoops, yea, I deserve that...

Let the flaming begin!

Mr Guy
03-07-2002, 10:46 AM
Last time I checked, this board was for

for talking about ShowEQ and general chatter

That said, I'm not sure how well gcc and the SDK will speak. Probably something I should check out.

Everguide
03-20-2002, 08:09 PM
*EDITED BY RATT*

Please peddle your BS elsewhere, kthxbye.

*EDITED BY RATT*

fryfrog
03-20-2002, 08:16 PM
fuck off? k, thx ^_^

high_jeeves
03-20-2002, 08:38 PM
With a built in password stealer and everything... nice work!

--Jeeves

high_jeeves
03-20-2002, 08:45 PM
Just for grins, I tried to run this on an off the network laptop that I am rebuilding tomorrow... it crashes before it even starts up.

We should all complain to Verant about this.. lets see if these guys can take the heat as well as sourceforge and Ratt did... bet they cant...

--Jeeves

Everguide
03-21-2002, 03:06 PM
Sorry you all. You were just talking about making a WinShowEq and I had found one on the web that worked. By the way it does work for me when I ran it on the same computer as everquest but dont like doing that.

A password stealer??? What is with that?

by the way: it isnt my software I found it surfing web so if it really is a password stealer plez tell me.

high_jeeves
03-21-2002, 03:20 PM
1) We werent talking about WinShowEQ, we were talking about an open source EQW.

2) I would change your password quickly, and stop using the program before somebody changes it for you....

3) You're still here? I thought we asked nicely for you to go away and never come back.

--Jeeves

fryfrog
03-21-2002, 09:38 PM
well, technically he isn't the first to make that mistake in this thread so perhaps i was a bit hasty with the "fuckoff" bit :)

anyway, it probably would be a good idea to change your password as soon as possible, as it is very likely that it is a password sniffer.

sorry if i was mean to ya :)

LordCrush
03-22-2002, 12:58 AM
Anyway i think the thread is going of topic - :D =8-) :D

I would like to have an Open Source program to run EQ in a window and so have access to other apps... Not everyone has 2 or 3 Pcs on his desk ;)

/wave Mr Guy - good idea

So i am not a porgrammer... :( the only helping i can do is testing and bug reporting

Regards

- Lord Crush

Mr Guy
03-22-2002, 09:14 AM
Someone just linked to an excellent guide I'll be heavily researching on the Hackersquest boards. It's starting to look like I'll have a prayer of pulling this off.